Colour question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twixabix

Reaction score
Would I be able to use 8/73 colour touch in foil ? If so would you use normal developer and would you add base to that I'm doing foils over blonde hi lighted hair and I like 8/73 kp but thought the colour touch would be better as it's not so strong. I would normally use dialight but I don't like any colours in that range.

H
Would I be able to use 8/73 colour touch in foil ? If so would you use normal developer and would you add base to that I'm doing foils over blonde hi lighted hair and I like 8/73 kp but thought the colour touch would be better as it's not so strong. I would normally use dialight but I don't like any colours in that range.

Hi, I often use colour touch in foils especially over porous or prelightened hair. I don't think adding base would be necessary personally and that should give you a nice lowlight.
Due to colour touch being a runnier consistancy I do find that foils are more liable to slip, so ensure your foils are nice and tight.
I use same developer as normal also. 1.9% x

H

Hi, I often use colour touch in foils especially over porous or prelightened hair. I don't think adding base would be necessary personally and that should give you a nice lowlight.
Due to colour touch being a runnier consistancy I do find that foils are more liable to slip, so ensure your foils are nice and tight.
I use same developer as normal also. 1.9% x

8/73 ct probably better than using kp as you are putting it on highlighted hair. should be grand. and yes watch your foils as ct is runnier consistancy.

You can use it as a lowlight that would be really pretty, but I personally tend to think for a lowlight it looks good at a level 7! Both are pretty but that's just how I think with fading and everything.

You can use it as a lowlight that would be really pretty, but I personally tend to think for a lowlight it looks good at a level 7! Both are pretty but that's just how I think with fading and everything.
I think it depends on how blonde we are talking for the ladies hair. If it is 100% white blonde then 8/73 will break it up subtley, if she's rooty/already has lowlights or a level 9 then, yes I would agree a 7/73 or something along those lines would last better with fading, but might be too much of a contrast if she is very blonde x

Latest posts

Back