Colour Touch 55/54

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alfadais

Reaction score
Hi all,
I could do with your advice please if you have used the above shade :)
I have been hairdressing for 20yrs and have alway used Wella Colour Touch and Koleston perfect in the salon,I left to have my son some years ago and have been self employed since last September,I use Koleston very often but haven't done a colour Touch (other than toning with the blondes) for some time.
I have a new client booked later on in the week with waist length hair for a semi and a cut and blowdry,i have known her from the school run for several years so have a good idea of how she generally has her hair,She is about a base 5 1/2 and has just a few grey hairs around the temple area on one side.I have given her a consultation and she liked CT 55/54.Looking at it in the shade chart this is a simular colour to how her hair looks when it has been done.However i feel less confident having not done a CT for some time,with Koleston i know exactly what will do what,how vibrant it will be and have no qualms about what to mix/put on to get the right result.
I would be ever so grateful if you could tell me in your experiences if you find it comes out roughly the same as in the shade chart on a base 5 1/2 or if it is that bit more vibrant or if you tend to use it with some base. (I realise i'll probably have to put a little base in for the temple area)
Many thanks :)

hi. is the 55/54 colour touch plus? and on the chart do they have 5/54? dont have chart to hand to refer to.

Hi,
No it's just the normal colour touch (i have the large colour chart with CT/Ct plus/sun/& relights in it) but its in the vibrant reds section and has the symbol for intensive reds on it.
I can't see a 5/54. 5/5 is next to the 55/54 i'm looking at but doesnt seem in the chart to maybe vibrant enough.Theres a fine line though between her wanting it vibrant enough (she said it wasnt so much with the last salon she went to) and it being too red. I don't usually do test strands for semi's but maybe i will,being a new client i am keen to get it just right for her as i know she will return to me again if it goes well.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Last edited:
She booked in for today so i did Two test strands and waited for them whilst i cut it (one with less base and one with slightly more base in)
It was slightly more vibrant than in the chart which is what i suspected so i was able to mix it up accordingly and it came out beautiful.
Only thing i noticed was it's very simular to the Koleston intense reds and stains the scalp quite heavily.Other than that all went well :)

She booked in for today so i did Two test strands and waited for them whilst i cut it (one with less base and one with slightly more base in)
It was slightly more vibrant than in the chart which is what i suspected so i was able to mix it up accordingly and it came out beautiful.
Only thing i noticed was it's very simular to the Koleston intense reds and stains the scalp quite heavily.Other than that all went well :)
Glad the colour went well for you. I was just interested to know whether you used 1.9% or 4% with the c touch? Did you apply it to dry hair or pre shampooed hair?:)

I used the 1.9% on Pre-washed hair :)

how come you used 1.9%? id of used 4% on wet hair as it will last longer than the 1.9%. im glad it went well tho. did she re.book?

Last time she had it done they used 4% for the first time and she said it felt drier & looked less shiney than the previous semi's she'd had.Her hair is almost waist length too and she's keen to keep it in the best condition possible so we went with 1.9 %.
She kind of verbally re-booked lol :) We discussed a few different techniques and she said she might like to try those also when i colour her hair next time.I do her childrens hair so will be seeing them soon :)

Latest posts

Back