Colouring hair extensions. HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephanie_87

Reaction score
I have had a client e-mail me about colouring hair when she has had extensions put in. I beleive she has global bleach blonde. I have done half head foils before on someone with extensions. But just did the top where there are no bonds. My question is can you do bleach on the scalp around the bonds? My instinct tells me no, I know you can't get conditioner on the bonds as it loosens them so this suggests bleach would also not be a good idea. Anybody got any advice?

Thanks x

Your not ment to, and i always tell clients not too BUT i actually do this myself on my own hair with extension in every two weeks as i can't stand any roots! and it doesn't affect my bonds x x

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

depends on the bond type and the bleach type. Resin bonds cannot withstand high protein products. Microrings are not good with oil based scalp bleaches.
It can be done, but be careful. Pack the bleach on without overlapping, and make sure you get every trace out. You MUST condition after bleach to stop oxidation, but use a non slippy conditioner eg one for fine hair.

Latest posts

Back