Commission enquiries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetcorn1

Reaction score
The place I work is quite small with only 4 staff. All of us are on commission.

We all help each other out from time to time and have devised a way of splitting and sharing the money for colours etc when we help each other so that everyone gets something for their help and time.

The thing is one of the other stylists keeps "FORGETTING" to split the money to the correct stylists when she is at the reception taking the money. We don't have a receptionist.

It is driving me crazy :mad:because she is taking what is rightfully mine and suprise suprise she earns more commission than me each week:!:

When I confront her she says "sorry I forgot" but seems to forget at least a couple of times a week, at least.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do about it???

Also how do other people work their commission when juniors or other stylists do colours or blowdrys for you?

I'm not a hair dresser but where i use to work they wrote it down everyday for each client so maybe start doing that?? don't know if this is of any use, but if not i would confront her or talk to the management about it xx

Well one way of solving that problem is not to help her anymore if you feel you are being cheated out of money.

At all the salons I have ever worked at we always helped each other in solving hair problems to shampooing color out if we weren't busy. This is called Team work and we never expected payment for helping out.
As the saying goes..what comes around ..goes around.

Yeah I agree and know what you are saying Jayne about team work and we all help each other too with the little things every day and don't expect money for that.

I'm meaning things like if we have big colours in and we book it out in the columns with 2 people. If two people spend an hour working on a colour correction for example then surely both stylist is entitled to the money for that service being split?

These are the things she "FORGETS" to share out.

I'm all for team work and doing little jobs for each other because lets face it thats what makes a salon run smoothly!!!

well if you are being booked out and then you are losing money. Just refuse to be booked out with her clients anymore. If she asks why. tell her straight up.

What comes around goes around.. she is just getting back what she is giving out...nothing! :)

i would say speak to the boss or can you not record the tips so they can be split equally at the end of each day

Yeah all good advise, thanks guys.

I keep track as best I can on what I should earn according to the column and what the totals in the till say and compare. I do talk to the boss but she isn't too concerned because I think she thinks that because I do confront the other stylist that I am sorting it.

I make sure I confront her everytime I notice something but she just plays dumb. What is really getting to me is the fact that the trust has gone and now I'm paranoide everyday that I'm getting screwed and its hard work having to "Check up" she's done it right all the time.

Its just something else to have to do during a normal busy working day. I could do without it really.

Latest posts

Back