Terrible extensions are dry, wrong colour and not blended. What do I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nonothappening

Reaction score
I suffer with hair loss and so went to get hair extensions and a microbead topper. I had to wait 5 weeks for the hair only for me to travel 30 minutes to the salon and find the extensions are bleach blonde which I am not. She apologised for the wrong colour and decided to dye them herself so I wouldn't have to wait long again. I go back a week later...the extensions are still too light for my hair. I asked if the lighter colour if the extensions might still work if they blended with my hair so we put them in.

The topper being a different colour really didn't work but we tried it anyway. Half way through having it put on I interrupted her and said it wasn't looking good and I didn't want it on. The stylist insisted that we still just try and see how it looks, we can take it off if it's bad. By the time she was finished it clearly was not working it was so obviously a topper. So I asked her to take it off but she convinced me to keep it 'for a couple weeks' and see if I can work with it.

Lastly, and by the stylists own admission at the end of the appointment. The extensions do not blend. You can see like the blunt line of the hair and then thin extensions 3 inches longer than my length.

I've had them on for a week and a half now and have washed them with beauty works twice. They are incredibly dry and brittle and I think have gotten lighter from the washing.

I texted the stylist on Tuesday saying the colour difference is really bad on the topper and I can't work with it, is there any way to change it so it will actually match. Got a reply on Friday saying 'Hi, yeah' and that's it...

I honestly don't know what to do. I think it's kind of ridiculous that I spent 900 on a bespoke service that obviously hasn't turned out bespoke since the colour doesn't even match me. What do I do here?

I suffer with hair loss and so went to get hair extensions and a microbead topper. I had to wait 5 weeks for the hair only for me to travel 30 minutes to the salon and find the extensions are bleach blonde which I am not. She apologised for the wrong colour and decided to dye them herself so I wouldn't have to wait long again. I go back a week later...the extensions are still too light for my hair. I asked if the lighter colour if the extensions might still work if they blended with my hair so we put them in.

The topper being a different colour really didn't work but we tried it anyway. Half way through having it put on I interrupted her and said it wasn't looking good and I didn't want it on. The stylist insisted that we still just try and see how it looks, we can take it off if it's bad. By the time she was finished it clearly was not working it was so obviously a topper. So I asked her to take it off but she convinced me to keep it 'for a couple weeks' and see if I can work with it.

Lastly, and by the stylists own admission at the end of the appointment. The extensions do not blend. You can see like the blunt line of the hair and then thin extensions 3 inches longer than my length.

I've had them on for a week and a half now and have washed them with beauty works twice. They are incredibly dry and brittle and I think have gotten lighter from the washing.

I texted the stylist on Tuesday saying the colour difference is really bad on the topper and I can't work with it, is there any way to change it so it will actually match. Got a reply on Friday saying 'Hi, yeah' and that's it...

I honestly don't know what to do. I think it's kind of ridiculous that I spent 900 on a bespoke service that obviously hasn't turned out bespoke since the colour doesn't even match me. What do I do here?
I would go back and ask to see them in person. Maybe even see a different stylist if that's an option. It's disappointing that you've had to experience this. Do you have photos of what it looked like before and after?
Not for me to see, but just for you to keep them for your own records. It's always good to have them to refer to. My advice would be to try and lease with the salon manager. See where that gets you. Realistically the stylist knew it wasn't 100% when you went.

I agree go back and tell them this isn’t what you wanted. Give them a chance to rectify it. You want new hair that’s an exact match to your own colour. If they can’t provide you with that then ask for a full refund. Good luck!

I'm just starting to learn how to work with hair, but it still doesn't work very well, so I don't know what to recommend to you. Now I experiment more with my hair. I recently found etaderm customer service and now I'm using a shampoo that's new to me. I wonder if it will really make hair grow faster

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back