Commission for receptionists?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mary Kate

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Does anyone have any ideas on how to incentivise salon receptionists?
I was giving them commission on product sales but because they're always at the desk our beauty therapists found it a little unfair as it's so easy for them to get the sale. We do have staff pin numbers on the computer system but again it's easy for them to log in and take a sale etc.

Just wondering if anyone has any other ideas? or should I not give them commission at all?

Our salon is located in a really busy area with a huge amount of passing trade. I was thinking of something more to do with their knowledge of treatments but I can't think of how to incentivise that.

Any ideas would be great!

You could incentivise them with treatments/products. Say you pick a treatment of the month to focus on - who ever sells the most gets one free for herself. You could also do a group one where if the target for the month is hit you do something or put money towards something eg. Meal out/spa day etc. That way everyone gets rewarded for making an effort and no body is left out.

What about upselling additional treatments? I'm not sure how you could monitor it but there's bound to be a way.

Thank you both! You're given me some great ideas! :)

Latest posts

Back