Commission question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katiedoeshair

Reaction score
Seeking advice!!
The owner of my salon agreed to do a 50/50 commission and has honored that agreement for a year. This allows me to use his color for my chemical services. This past week he approached me and stated that he feels he is losing money of my chemical services and wants me to pay him 5 dollars every time I use color . I honestly don’t perform that many color services and was thrown off by his request because again it’s been over a year and this has never been an issue . I am curious if this is a normal request and I’m over reacting or if I should counter his request.

In the U.K., it’s fairly normal for the salon owner to take 60% commission if they are supplying the products, shampoo, colour, towels etc.

When did you last do a price increase?
You could increase your prices and point out that he’ll be earning more as a consequence or agree to pay him the $5 per colour service and make sure your price increase more than covers this extra cost.

I think I will raise my prices as well as give him the money he asks for every color service! Thank you ... that sounds like the most plausible solution and I was so taken aback I feel silly for not thinking of it myself !

I think thats a fair deal like @AcidPerm said it is 60% commission in the UK. And if you are doing various colours, toners etc then the $5 doesn't mean anything really?

Latest posts

Back