Commission % ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benandrewsao

Reaction score
so, just wondering what peoples commissions are like where they work or even if they have commission.

At the salon i am at all staff get minimum wage and 10% commission on there services, as i have never worked in another salon i was wondering if this was normal or even a good deal? i personally have been working in the salon for just over 6 years now and havent received a pay rise or commission rise since, again i dont know if this is the normal thing as a hairdresser? the salon is a very busy one and a very expensive one for the are.

so, just wondering what peoples commissions are like where they work or even if they have commission.

At the salon i am at all staff get minimum wage and 10% commission on there services, as i have never worked in another salon i was wondering if this was normal or even a good deal? i personally have been working in the salon for just over 6 years now and havent received a pay rise or commission rise since, again i dont know if this is the normal thing as a hairdresser? the salon is a very busy one and a very expensive one for the are.

I used to work in a salon and got minimum wage, and 20% commission after we had earnt takings above our wage.. I thought that was fair. But I prefer being self employed to be honest.

At my salon, They get there wage, and then when they have made the salon £800 worth of doing services, They get 30% of whatever they have made over the 800 mark.

And in my salon there cut and blow drys are £50 so it doesn't take long.

At my salon, They get there wage, and then when they have made the salon £800 worth of doing services, They get 30% of whatever they have made over the 800 mark.

And in my salon there cut and blow drys are £50 so it doesn't take long.

Is that a week?

Laura xx

No monthly, :)

Does it makes sense I didn't realize how confusing it was to type it haha.

No monthly, :)

Does it makes sense I didn't realize how confusing it was to type it haha.

Yes it does make sense I just wondered :)
I'm a beauty therapist but I have to earn around £900 a week to get my bonus. In the summer months it's easy enough but not the rest of the year.
Also I only get about £175 at most bonus a month.
I alway work towards it, but it Seems a bit rubbish put like that!

Laura xx

Latest posts

Back