Contra indications, why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
On a recent waxing course I asked why diabetes would be a contra indications to waxing. The teacher said you can wax a certain type but I can't remember which one. I am only asking because I like to know these things.
I am putting together consultation forms.
Also acne medication how does this affect a waxing treatment?
AHA'S were mentioned but not sure what it is or why it would be a contra indication.
Is there any t hung else I should know about?

Type 1 diabetes can cause neuropathy in especially the lower limbs and feet. There can be a loss of sensation which can be problematic with heat, bruising, scraping of skin which can occur with waxing, and healing times can be significantly increased.

Certain acne treatments such as roaccutaine, vitamin A (Retinol) and also AHA's can thin the skin making it more prone to damage.

It concerns me that your training did not go into enough depth to these contra indications it should all
Be in our textbook.

The retinole they ref to is more likely the oral medication as in understand it.
Also having been sunburnt in the last week and very important if you are doing waxing consultations :
Are you allergic to plasters!!!!!! If they tick yes then you should rather do sugaring then waxing on them or threading.

Type 2 diabetics & diet controlled type 2 diabetics can also be neuropathic, the long term complications of diabetes are exactly the same for each type except diabetes insipidus. Which is very rare, you'll probably never see it.

The GP or nurse will check sensation every year if they attend the diabetes clinic so they should know if their neuropathic or not.

Latest posts

Back