Converted garages - would you do anything different?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
Firstly I'm not sure if this one should be in chit chat instead, but I'll make a start here.

Those of you who have converted garages into beauty rooms, now you have lived with it as working space, would you have done anything differently with the conversion?

Are there any bits of the design you are desperate to change or any part of it that you thought, yes, that was a brilliant idea and makes a big difference to my work space?

Also, those that converted via the DIY method rather than tradesmen and started with a working garage, i.e. a shell with a concrete floor, one service door and then the up and over door. Up until the point of decoration, what was the cost in materials to convert it?

Thanks Geeks.

I'm interested in this too! We're currently waiting on the council to to send back our building warrant certificate 😁

I have a single garage & am hoping to convert it into a beauty room with a wet room & w/c for tanning. We're having a window put in instead of the garage door & a door connecting to the house - so clients will come in my front door & turn right into my beauty room ☺️

My original plan was to have french doors instead of a window to give separate access but if we ever wanted to connect it to the house we would have to raise the floor to the same height as the house. So chose I do this now rather than pulling everything apart later 😁😁

Hth

When we first converted our garage we left about 3 feet at the garage door end and kept it as a utility room. The space I worked in was usable but cramped. Two years ago we got planning permission to replace the doors with a window and made it one big room and it's now perfect.

The best things have been having a small room built in a corner for a toilet so clients don't have to go into the house and the kitchen work units all along the wall where the garage doors used to be. We got a range from ikea that weren't as deep as normal kitchen units so they take up less room but give ample storage.

Thank you. :biggrin:

My Husband would want to cover in the walkway that is between the house and the garage and make it into a boot room and coming in when we're all muddy with the dog. This was going to be the client's entrance but no way now!

So apparently there are some new garage doors out that are like a roll of shutters. These sound good as a security measure and if we can get a proper door and window behind it then I can roll it up when I am open and they can come in that way.

Latest posts

Back