Copyright on designer nail logos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
This may be a daft question ! I’ve a couple of clients asking for the Louis Vuitton logos on nails as per Instagram apparently.

I’ve sourced said nail stamping plates and they are nice, think they will be fairly popular.

What’s the situation with regard to copyright though? I don’t want to get done for reproducing their flipping logo on fingernails. And yet I’m sure they wouldn’t be available for sale if it was likely to cause a potential problem.

Am I overthinking it?

Insta is full of these designs and I’ve done a few myself

Insta is full of these designs and I’ve done a few myself

Which plates do you use? Are some more popular?

Has to be ok I guess [emoji5]

I just painted it as I struggle with stamping! I find it a bit hit and miss so if it’s simple I prefer to paint it but there’s lots of decals available x

Ooh I hadn’t looked at decals! You must be very talented to paint it by hand [emoji122]
Thank you

Ooh I hadn’t looked at decals! [emoji122]

There's no difference between decals or stamping :p

Who is going to complain about you using the logo??? Inless you're putting them on some high profile A-lister who's going to be photographed and splashed all over the media, I can't imagine Louis Vuitton are going to know ;) and if you are, and they did the first thing they would have to do is send you a cease & desist letter. With all the love in the world Blos I think you're over thinking it :p

There's no difference between decals or stamping :p

Who is going to complain about you using the logo??? Inless you're putting them on some high profile A-lister who's going to be photographed and splashed all over the media, I can't imagine Louis Vuitton are going to know ;) and if you are, and they did the first thing they would have to do is send you a cease & desist letter. With all the love in the world Blos I think you're over thinking it :p

[emoji23][emoji23] me too - thank you for your common sense [emoji8]

Latest posts

Back