Covering grey question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angel80

Reaction score
Hi I’d like to point out that I am not a professional and am just looking for advice x

I recently coloured my 25% grey hair and was told to use a 20 vol developer but it lifted my hair too much causing it to become too orange.

If I was to use a 13 vol developer (welloxon) so it doesn’t lift would that cover the grey?

Wella state that 20 vol is to cover grey hair but that will cause lift which I really don’t want!

Hi I’d like to point out that I am not a professional and am just looking for advice x

I recently coloured my 25% grey hair and was told to use a 20 vol developer but it lifted my hair too much causing it to become too orange.

If I was to use a 13 vol developer (welloxon) so it doesn’t lift would that cover the grey?

Wella state that 20 vol is to cover grey hair but that will cause lift which I really don’t want!
4% will still cover grey. 6%/ 20vol was the traditional choice. When they reformulated 4% can now also be used.

4% will still cover grey. 6%/ 20vol was the traditional choice. When they reformulated 4% can now also be used.
Awesome thank you 😊

Latest posts

Back