Cracking and shrinking polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoloHoney

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I'm currently in training and doing lots of practising on myself and friends but I'm really having problems with polish shrinking and chipping (regular polish not gel) on myself.

I did these nails on Tuesday (hopefully pics will upload), had a small chip on right index finger Weds evening and now they're shocking on day 4. I've done all the right things wearing gloves etc. I do have fairly weak papery nails at the mo from too long wearing gels and over filing (put hard on instead of soak off by mistake and panicked!)

If I was a paying client I wouldn't be happy with this.

I used Nina Pro nail hardener as a base coat
OPI polish (3 coats for colour depth)
Nina Pro quick dry top coat

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1399024771541.jpg
    1399024771541.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 171
  • 1399024799108.jpg
    1399024799108.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 155
If your nails are paper thin,when you pick up a fork (for instance) and you tap you nail on the side,if your nails are very thin they will bend,and the polish will crease and chip,hense why they are only chipped on the free edge, lovely neat lines by the way well done

did you seal the polish at the free edge if not its worth a try x

Aww thank you :)
I think you may be right about my nails being weak. The polish on my nail plate is stuck fast ... it's just the edges that have come off.
I will redo them tomorrow and try sealing the free edge.
Thank you ladies xx

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back