Curing nail pops with Gelish 6G lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsbyHand

Reaction score
For those with a Gelish 6G LED lamp, how do you cure your nail pops / swatches?

Putting the pops into the lamp doesn't activate the sensor. There is supposed to be a way of turning on the lamp without using the sensor, but I don't know how.

Last time I tried this, I used my hand to activate the sensor, but when the pop came out, it wrinkled and wasn't cured properly. I've had no trouble with this colour on real nails. I was wondering, as the pop is thin, and a nail sits on top of a finger (!), perhaps the pop was too low in the lamp.

Would love to leave the pops in "cooking" while I do something else, but they just fall out if I don't hold them in there. I am using single pop sticks which I then put onto a ring for reference.

Please share your tips below. Many thanks x

i have the 18g gelish lamp and i have the same problem, although they cure fine but i have to put my hand in with the pop, its a pain and waste of time! hopefully someone will come along with a solution soon! x

The 18g lamp I know you can override the sensor. Not sure about the 6g. Its something like turn off the lamp at wall. Put your hand in and turn on. This disables the sensor and the lamp will instead come on when you do the timer. This stays this way until you turn off and on the lamp again this time no hand inside. Hope that helps

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

Put your hand in the lamp and turn it on. I think it turns off the sensor so that it stays on then. It's in the booklet hun you get with your lamp, or it is in the 18g x

Thanks. I seem to remember trying the turning it on trick when I first got the lamp with no joy. Perhaps it's time to give it another go.

I really need to get my pop/swatches organised.

Does anyone have any other tips for getting them done?

With my 18g I used to put a buffer in the side to activate the sensor so the light would come on.
But to deactivate the sensor just put your hand in the lamp so the light comes on then switch off the lamp at the plug. Then put back on
This should make the lamp work by the buttons.
I think! Lol haven't done it in ages x

Latest posts

Back