Custom glass cut for nail table

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaz81

Reaction score
Hiya,

I want to get some glass cut for my nail table, does anyone have any company recommendations? Had a read through and could see the mention of getting custom cut glass, but nothing else! There are so many places, it would be good to use somewhere recommended!

I looked at getting some when I first started about 12 years ago, I had the perfect table but the top was getting damaged with acetone/monomer/etc. The glass was going to cost nearly £150 but the table top was only about £20 from Ikea at the time so I decided it was cheaper to buy new table tops (then they stopped doing them but thats a whole different story!).

Take your measurements to your local glazer and they'll give you a quote, you need to decide how thick you want it too, I think it will need to be safety glass as you could drop metal implements on it and shatter it.

You might be able to get a quote on-line these days.

ETA - I've just done a quick quote on this place on line and it's come out quite cheaply at just over £40 for 1000x700 safety glass, not sure about delivery though

http://www.expresstoughening.com/content/order-bespoke-glass

I've paid £60 + vat for a piece of toughened glass (a large shelf) not even the size of a nail table from a local glaciers a few years ago - it's the toughened glass that sends the cost up x

Brilliant - thank you! x

I bought a very ugly coffee table from a second hand store. Five Dollars and the glass was perfect for my mani table.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using SalonGeek mobile app

I bought a very ugly coffee table from a second hand store. Five Dollars and the glass was perfect for my mani table.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's a good idea! Thanks :) x

Latest posts

Back