Cutting down areas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat-Nat

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone mobile has ever cut down their areas? For some reason I have always drawn a lot of interest from my nearest London borough which I cant complain about as its an affluent area! However I am now attracting a lot more interest from my local area which obviously is more cost effective! I dont want to be turning away work that is closer so I am pondering whether to close my books for the time being to the London Borough and not take on any more clients there! In an ideal world I would say I would only go there certain days but unfortunately most of my clients in this area are FT workers so its mostly eves I go there!

Just wondered if anyone has done this and if it affected them positively or negatively! I hope my post makes sense! I know what I want to say just not sure if I have said it right lol! x:wink2:

I'd say keep one or two evenings a week for your further clients but close your books to new ones from that area and focus on your existing clients, you don't really want them gone if your local area is insufficient for you to continue and bring in enough profit. Xoxo

Thanks Tomme, thats exactly what I was thinking! Plus they are all either regular infill or Shellac people too so I wouldn't give them up! :hug:

Make sure you set your London days, and your locals days, you don't really want to have to go back and two constantly. Xoxo

I know its just easier said than done when they are all only available for eve apts, like I said in an ideal world I would set aside a day for them! :(

Just wondering if anyone mobile has ever cut down their areas? For some reason I have always drawn a lot of interest from my nearest London borough which I cant complain about as its an affluent area! However I am now attracting a lot more interest from my local area which obviously is more cost effective! I dont want to be turning away work that is closer so I am pondering whether to close my books for the time being to the London Borough and not take on any more clients there! In an ideal world I would say I would only go there certain days but unfortunately most of my clients in this area are FT workers so its mostly eves I go there!

Just wondered if anyone has done this and if it affected them positively or negatively! I hope my post makes sense! I know what I want to say just not sure if I have said it right lol! x:wink2:

Why don't you wait a couple months for price increase time and you can say after reviewing last years records and put anyone out of x range will insure additional charges depending on distance, or up your prices to cover both so your not losing custom just adapting your prices to manage the way your business is going?

I agree with tomme though set days for certain areas x

Yeah I am planning price increase in April so I guess that would be the best thing to do. But again re-iterating they are all workers so have to be done in an evening which doesnt leave me much to work with days wise! I would love to say I will be in Romford every second Thursday etc!

Yeah I am planning price increase in April so I guess that would be the best thing to do. But again re-iterating they are all workers so have to be done in an evening which doesnt leave me much to work with days wise! I would love to say I will be in Romford every second Thursday etc!

If you didn't do their hair though they would find a way to get to a salon... So why don't you have every other sat so the areas can be split and every Thursday (or one of your other late nights) per week and one day slot? I did mobile and found it difficult to say no so would end up working till 10 at night after starting at 7 am!! Soooo I opted for the salon route as customers made me feel too guilty with work and personal commitments lol

Wed-Fri every week is late night lol!

You're right its sooooooo hard to say no! x

Latest posts

Back