Dark Skin Undertones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceana

Reaction score
Hey Geeks
I need some help!!!

I need pictures of dark skins with red, blue, yellow and ashen undertones - can anyone help me!!!!!!

Thanks
xxxxxxxxxx

Hey Geeks
I need some help!!!

I need pictures of dark skins with red, blue, yellow and ashen undertones - can anyone help me!!!!!!

Thanks
xxxxxxxxxx

Be more specific about what you mean by 'dark' skin....

However, blue and ashen are practically the same, and it's common to find these undertones in black skin.

Yellow undertones are found in warm black skin, and quite often in those of mixed race. Halle Berry's quite a good example of warm black skin.

I very much doubt you will find any 'dark' skin with red undertones.

Virtually all Asian and Black skins I work on need 'warming up' with colour corrector, as they are predominantly of cool tones.

hth:green:

Its a VTCT assignment and I really cannot find any info!

By dark we need to cover black and asian and discuss make up contexts for each undertone (red,blue,yellow etc)

Thanks for your help guys!

I think I'm there with the make up just need the pics now!!!!

:hug:

Dark skin can be either red or yellow toned.

You use red undertones for clients with very dark skin. It can also be used for clients who has a browny, redy complexion. By this I mean someone with a complexion like Naomi Campbell.

For yellow tones, you use this for black and Asians who are lighter browns. Most Asians would be yellow skin tones. I am also a yellow skin tone. However, yellow skin tones tend to look a bit dull on me. So I use red skin tones for a warmer look.

Red/yellow can be mixed to get the perfect colour.

I am not too sure about using blue undertones as it would make black skin look grey.

Its all about mixing and matching and trying it all out on the client!

Dark skin can be either red or yellow toned.

You use red undertones for clients with very dark skin. It can also be used for clients who has a browny, redy complexion. By this I mean someone with a complexion like Naomi Campbell.

For yellow tones, you use this for black and Asians who are lighter browns. Most Asians would be yellow skin tones. I am also a yellow skin tone. However, yellow skin tones tend to look a bit dull on me. So I use red skin tones for a warmer look.

Red/yellow can be mixed to get the perfect colour.

I am not too sure about using blue undertones as it would make black skin look grey.

Its all about mixing and matching and trying it all out on the client!

I have never come across black skin with a predominantly red undertone!

Are you mixing up 'undertone' with 'colour corrector'?

Undertone is the naturally occuring colour tone in the skin, colour corrector is applied to the skin to neutralize unwanted undertones.

Naomi Campbell has a cool undertone to her skin (blue/ashen, but not extremely so), but makeup artists counteract this with warm colour correctors and foundation.

Latest posts

Back