Dealing with faulty goods!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purple Haz

Reaction score
Ok so bit of a rant here, sorry! I bought a laptop on Friday, I've used it maybe 5 times at the most and it still has all the protective labels on it. Anyway, I was on it tonight and it switched off to update and when it rebooted it came up with a cracked screen, all White with a black line done it. Phoned the customer services for where I bought it, they said that it's a cracked screen an I must have done something to it, I haven't, took it back to the shop before it closed and they said it's a cracked plasma and I must have closed the lid too hard?? Phoned the company that makes the laptop and they said that it will cost me £50 to get it assessed but genuinely a cracked screen is classed as accidental damage and would cost a couple hundred to fix. My husband use to work with computers and said there must have been a fault in the screen but it's now my word against the shop. I wouldn't mind paying to fix something that I had broken, but I havent done anything to it. Where do I go from here? Trading standards or pay £250 to fix something that cost me £450 less than 7days ago?! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!xx

I actually saw this same story on "dont get done get dom" and a girl had a laptop for a pressy and the same thing happened. Dom took the case over as they kept telling her she must have damaged it too. In the end it was a fault with that model and after alot of persistant calls and emails she got a replacement..
Id look up your model on the net and see if its a common fault and if so maybe try pestering them to sort this for you.. I hope you get a refund or replacement.

Thanks penny vintage, will try that.x

Latest posts

Back