Dilema in moving from salon to home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplebunnies

Reaction score
Could any of you geeks give me some advice?

I currently rent a space in a salon. I used to sub-rent a space downstairs but then the landlord decided to open a hairdressers, so i moved upstairs with the beauty therapists. I was put in a room (rented by the beauty salons manager) which was an old locker room. Anyway to cut a long story short the lockers are still there, i arrive to start work in the evenings to find clothes strewn everywhere, the therapists are constantly in and out of the room to check their phones for messages, anything they dont need in their rooms to carry out treatments gets put in there, i'm getting really annoyed about it, and to make matters worse i have 2 clients who have famous sons (on tv soaps) the girls know of this and ear wig by the door to try and get gossip on them.

I have expressed my feelings and concerns about how unprofessional this is to the manager and her attitude is ''well i've no where else to put the lockers'':mad:

Work has slowed down a bit recently, but i think thats becuase one of the therapists tells everyone that'll listen that having nails enchancements damages your natural nail, she's even said this in front of a new client, on which i cut her dead instantly and gave the correcct facts.

ok my dilema.....i have a very large 2nd bedroom which is used as my ''junk room'', would it be a wise move to set up a salon from home, or contiune to grin and bear what's happening at the mo. I can see so many pros but no cons apart from people coming into my home.

What is the best thing to do?

Sorry it's so long winded.

I think that making your bedroom into a salon would be a good idea especially if business is slowing down at the salon and they are telling people that enhancemnts damage your nails, at least you wouldnt be battling that at home. I have a home salon and have no problem with people coming to my house as I am with them all the time, from they walk in the door until they leave. I had to change insurance companies as my usual one wouldnt cover me for clients coming into the house. Apart from that I find it is great and then if there is a quiet period I can get on with other things at home.

I wouldnt be able to put up with what you are experiencing at the salon, you have to ask yourself if it is worth all the hassle to stay there and what effect it will have on your business. All the best in whatever you decide.

I used to rent space as well, and now I have a home salon, and I love it!!! You have to work harder to get people in, so advertising is a good idea. My clients love the fact thatr when they come its just me and them, no interruptions, and very private, so I say go for it - no rent, less hassle. Just make sure you check with your home insurance etc and local council first, but Its not usually a problem. HTHs:green:

Ok had a chat with a few people and i defiently going to do this, aiming to be set up from home end of this month.

So i need all you designers to help me with colour scheme, shelves etc. i have laminated flooring in there at the mo which i'm going to keep as i start spray tanning next week. but just really need some ideas for the room to look professional but with a fab and funky atmosphere. Whats the best way to display nail art at home? frame then by catorgry and hang them from the wall with grafitti writing saying NAIL ART? i'm not much of an ideas person.

Latest posts

Back