Disappointed with nail art brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holliex

Reaction score
I bought some nail art brushes from Sally's today, iv just tried some simple stripes and they've come out rubbish.. The lines iv tried to do have come out thick and patchy.. Pic below.

Anyone got any tips on how to use them properly or do I need some better quality ones?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359661998.231905.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359661998.231905.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 218
maybe too much paint on your brush or too much pressure, you need quick light strokes. Have you got a brush that is longer??

maybe too much paint on your brush or too much pressure, you need quick light strokes. Have you got a brush that is longer??

These are the brushes that came in the set.. There's a longer one and an even longer one. Iv tried flicks and there fine it's just the stripes. X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359663006.681463.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359663006.681463.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 175
first brush the one you tried looks like a lonng detail brush , use it for shading , filling/coloring , out lines , leafs ,

the 2nd 2 look like liners / stripers , use them fore lines , curls ,spirals ,

cant tell what the last brush is

your stripe looks a bit thick like you draged the brush across at an angle ,

try holding the brush at an 80 or 70 angle , not 45.

Last edited:
How does this look.. I no there no where near perfect. Iv never used nail art brushes before x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359665145.170641.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359665145.170641.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 165
hold the brush so the handle is almost pointing at the celling but not qite , then gently pull the the brush accross , not putting much weight on it , the bristles dont need to bend .... fearther touch .

hold the brush so the handle is almost pointing at the celling but not qite , then gently pull the the brush accross , not putting much weight on it , the bristles dont need to bend .... fearther touch .

Ok Thankyou . Will give it another go.

I'm using normal nail polish to practice instead of wasting my gelish, do you think nail polish is harder to use? X

it wont do much good for your brushes , try acrylic paint

If these are the ASP brushes then I don't think they are up to much. The strands are hard & bounce they don't flow iykwim hth:)xx

If these are the ASP brushes then I don't think they are up to much. The strands are hard & bounce they don't flow iykwim hth:)xx

i would say they are or cuccio, they are a lovely set but we had many complaints when we sold them hense our change

I find natural bristles to be a great medium to work with rather than synthetic beistles. The natural hair doesn't bounce or "ping" around. Maybe this would help explain the difference better for you?

"Hey, Robin!"- What Nail Art Brush do you use? FAQ - YouTube

Hope this helps you a little:hug:

I got the brushes you mention a couple of weeks ago from Sally's & I really like them.

It is all about how you use them though, not too much on the brush, just the right amount of pressure (sometimes barely touching the nail) & also what your doing the art with.

I use Gelish as that's what I work with on my clients, I didn't see the point of getting the hang of using the brush with something that is a thinner/thicker viscosity than what I'd be using on clients.

Latest posts

Back