% discount vouchers for "goodie bags"?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robynx

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I have done quite a lot of searches on here and it seems most people who offer pamper parties, give each member of the party a goodie bag (which is a fab idea!) I have also noticed, some therapists put % discount vouchers, for one treatment, into the bags and I am just wondering what % discounts you all offer.

Also, what are your opinions on voucher numbers? Are they a waste of time or a good idea?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

Do not waste your profits on goody bags or offering discount vouchers.

If they like the service you gave them they will come back regardless.

Most of the items you put it will be unused or thrown away and generally unappreciated

For bridal clients I do a small beauty kit which I charge for, so for people who want it they can pay for it.

Goody bags are for children not for grown women :)

Last edited:
I provide goody bags for kids pamper parties (accounted for in what I charge) and alongside the sweets, nail file, hair bobbles & lipgloss I also pop in a business card and a 10% off for mum voucher which can be used at their next/first appointment. For adult pamper parties or prom/bridal packages I give out little gift bags with a couple of "posh" chocolates, a sample of homemade body scrub & body lotion (I'm a qualified aromatherapist) a price list, business card & 10% off your next appointment voucher.
My goody bags are covered by my costs, I still make a pretty decent profit, and on average for every 5 vouchers I hand out 3 are used & 1 of those 3 becomes a regular client.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I stopped doing goody bags for my pamper parties. I only ever had one voucher presented, yet many of the ladies have become repeat clients anyway. Putting the bags together was costly and ate into the profits of the party. The bags were just not needed. I now take things like Eve Taylor candles, lava shells etc that will promote my treatments for the guests to have a "play" with. And if I'm feeling generous they also get 10% off their next treatment if they rebook on the night. X

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated and will take all advice on board :)

Latest posts

Back