Do you have on-line booking?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobile-hands

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting an on-line booking system for my clients to use but was wondering for those of you that have them - do you find that lots of clients fail to turn up for appointments?

Do you experience any other problems?

Thanks

I use bookingbug and never had a problem with it. Clients seem to love the idea of being able to just go online and book! It sends confirmation emails to both the client and me and all I have to do is click add to calendar and VOILA!!!

Love 💗💗💗

Your Salon Store

On the right there is a link for a free online booking system. Maybe that would be worth a try.

I've also been looking into this but feel it would take away some of my control over things..
Anybody else feel this way or had experience?

Yes I have online booking.

I give people permissions to book online after I've seen them once for a full consultation and treatment, then if they book something with a contraindication I can contact them to advise.

We have Phorest - clients need to leave a deposit to book online. If they no show their card can be charged.

Even though they agree to this when booking they still bad mouth you for doing so.

I am just celebrating my first year of online booking. I use Salon Iris and totally rate it. I pay for online booking and I pay for monthly support because if anything goes wrong, I want to know that help is a phone call away, and they have never let me down - although I have never had any real issues!

In that year, I have had one totally false booking request which was a stupid sounding email, so I refused the booking and contacted them to clarify what they wanted to book - they never got back to me.

In that year, I have only had one client turn up for a treatment that I had never received - she hadn't read the info saying that if you don't hear from me, we haven't received your booking!
When the request arrives, we have the opportunity to accept or refuse. One mistake (by us) meant that a client was able to book an Environ facial with my daughter who at the time didn't do Environ. I rang the client to explain. She told me her skin was desperate, so I offered her a free consultation. Within one month, the amount she spent paid for my online booking for the year.
It is fabulous. If you are caught up (as I know you are) in the trap of emails, texts, faffy clients and everything else that makes our lives hard, it gives our clients yet another way to book.
I got up one morning to fine one client had booked all her treatments for about 4 months ahead - nails and tans. She just sat there with her diary and did it.
I have never had a client book and not turn up, but I also send reminder texts at about 4p each a few days before.
Clients cannot cancel online, but I encourage them to rebook, and there is a facility for them to leave a message, in which they can ask me to cancel their 3.00 as they have booked online for 4 (for example).
Finally.....I allow my clients to book 2 hours ahead, so while I was busy with a client, another client booked for later that day. A quick glance at my computer, a press of a button, and I have filled an empty slot!

You're not far from me. If you want to pop by one day and have a play, let me know.

Vicki x

I take it you can block out time that you don't want clients to be able to book in? I like to be in charge of my diary so if on a Tuesday for example when I'm slightly quieter, I have clients booked in 9am-2pm then a client can't come along and book a 5pm slot! Do you find you get clients booking random times and having gaps in your day? x

I take it you can block out time that you don't want clients to be able to book in? I like to be in charge of my diary so if on a Tuesday for example when I'm slightly quieter, I have clients booked in 9am-2pm then a client can't come along and book a 5pm slot! Do you find you get clients booking random times and having gaps in your day? x

Absolutely - and you can block out holidays/days off etc.
I don't really have the problem of a brow tidy in the middle of an empty morning - but if I did, I'd just contact the client to juggle it. I don't think anything is fool proof.
I have my start times in, and book out a time block in the middle of the day to collect my daughter from work.

Vicki x

Absolutely - and you can block out holidays/days off etc.
I don't really have the problem of a brow tidy in the middle of an empty morning - but if I did, I'd just contact the client to juggle it. I don't think anything is fool proof.
I have my start times in, and book out a time block in the middle of the day to collect my daughter from work.

Vicki x

Hmm ok, I might look into it and maybe just leave a few hours available each day, then if those get filled I can open up more time slots. I use Salonlite so can invite clients to book online with their email address I think :) thanks for the info x

Vikki,
Thank you so much for the info it has been really helpful.
Think this is going to be my new way forward :)

You can book a wax online x

Latest posts

Back