Do you pay for your hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have to pay for the product, so $15 a tube of colour and $3 a scoop of bleach. Most times only have to pay for the one tube because we use all our normal salon colours anyway
:) has to be done after hours though and all our staff on the same day so it makes for a very long night !! If we book in on our day off we get normal price less 20% :) most times we just buy our own colour and do it ourselves anyway! Xx

Although at my last salon I got my hair done for free during slow work hours and if I wanted colour to take home I also got that for nothing ! Although wasn't a big fan of the colour range. Has anyone else used Zenz Alternative colour range ? It claims to be the most natural and gentle colour system on the market?

My staff don't pay but we have just introduced a time-back scheme. If someone gets their hair done and it's 3 hours they are off the flor, they owe the salon 3 hours. If they stay back an hour for a client, then they take that hour off what they owe, etc. it's much easier than me paying an extra hour etc and as the girls get extensions, it can be a lot of work time lost from my point of view.

Latest posts

Back