Doing beauty treatments in a hair salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hansypansy

Reaction score
Hiya,
my boyfriend is opening a small hair salon next month. The salon will have four chairs so he will use one and and plans on renting out the others. We have been chatting about wether I might be able to use one to do lash and brow treatments (threading,tinting,lash extensions, brow make up ect). Do you think this would work well in a hair salon? It would be something a bit different for our area. I am also interested in learning hair extensions as this is something he doesn't do and isn't interested in learning - would I be able to get qualified in this without previous experience in hair dressing? Thanks guys X

Hi Hansypansy

I didnt want to read and run.

I cant help you on the hair front but I can offer a little insight into working in a hair salon. I currently rent a small room and a nail bar in a hair salon and it works well. I pay rent and supply my own products therefore get to keep all that I earn.

I offer a full range of beauty treatments but spend most of my time doing Shellac which I love.

Being the only salon around that offers both hair and beauty can only be a plus for you.

Being boyfriend and Girlfriend I strongly advise that you talk about everything as if you were going into someone elses salon to work where advertising etc is concerned, whether you would be employed or self employed and all of the rest that goes with it to prevent any fall outs.

Latest posts

Back