Domain registration - email received and advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2h2h

Reaction score
Hi all

I received the email pasted below from a different company than my domain is with. I'm not sure if it is some sort of scam to get me to buy further extensions or not. I would be very grateful for some advise on this please?

Begin forwarded message:

Good Morning,

A request has been received for multiple domain registrations that our systems indicate may conflict with your already existing company branding.

The request compiles of 7 domain extensions that match your existing domain name.
Our database shows that you are the registered owner of the domainhttp://www.2handsfornails.co.uk, please confirm.

The domain registration process will remain suspended for a 7 day grace period in which your company may act. If you company fails to act within this grace period then the suspension will end and the sale of the domain extensions will be granted.

If you feel that the registration of the requested domains may infringe on your business branding or may cause confusion to your potential and existing clients then please contact our team to discuss further options available.

Kindest Regards,

Benjamin J Fowler

IGN Corporate Domain Manager

e: [email protected]
w: www.igndomains.co.uk
This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential
and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the
person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this
e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized
agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately

Many thanks

Last edited:
Hi all

I received the email pasted below from a different company than my domain is with. I'm not sure if it is some sort of scam to get me to buy further extensions or not. I would be very grateful for some advise on this please?

Many thanks

I can't see the email?

Just to double check you could login to the company who has your domain and just check that everything is in order and it's not due to expire. If all is ok I'd delete the email. I get emails like this regularly and just delete assuming it's a scam x

As above really.

Seems fishy to me and I love the job title of corporate domain manager lol.

After a quick look around it's a scam/pressure tactic.

They basically have a cheap website and scare you into thinking other people are trying to buy your domain name in different extensions. Then you buy them through them for a grossly inflated price.

Definitely a scam

Get these all the time . Just ignore them

If there is a domain name that you wish to buy then just search for it and buy it

I don't need to say any more other than, as soon as you go online people will find all sorts of ways to try and take money off you.

Watch out for SEO sellers, it's something you don't need to pay for and there are some great tools out there that are free.

Thanks everyone for your replies.....my mind is now at rest.

These are definitely scams to get you to "hopefully" register more domains through them. I've received numerous and one of my clients too.

It's always the same generic email sent out.

Latest posts

Back