Don't know where to start

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

embi84

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if i'm posting this in the right place or not, but here goes:)

I'm just starting out as a make-up artist and am really confused about what products i should be using in my kit and most importantly where to buy them from, i buy alot of stuff online, one because i live in germany, and the shops here are more expensive than the uk and the selection is not as good.

I know obviously i have to get a good case for storage, and a variety of different products, there are alot of products that i love and some not so much, but just because something works for me doesn't mean it will work for my clients and vice versa...so i am really confused by this.

The second thing is, since i'm just starting out, i don't have a very big budget for getting my initial kit, i'm looking at around 150 pounds including case. I have been on countless websites looking at different options, i have seen alot of sites offering make-up at wholesale prices, but am also a little scared of buying from these incase the products are fake.

I guess im just looking for any advice on the best places for buying make-up online at good prices, and what products i should be buying, also does anyone know of any good companies that offer pre-made or tailor made kits for a certain price?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, sorry for the rant:)

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

You can try Crown Brush www.crownbrush.co.uk who do brushes and some palette's that can help you while starting out out & keep you going until you can build up your kit and experience

I hope this helps

Em x

Latest posts

Back