Education inspires enthusiasm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurakate

Reaction score
I strongly believe that education inspires enthusiasm in that the more I know about something, the more I can appreciate it. I think this is really important when it comes to selling/promoting treatments and/or products.

In this respect the penny has finally dropped for me in terms of why I used to get so resentful at not being offered product training in my previous jobs. Let me give you an analogy where we think of product training as a movie. Getting the product training is akin to seeing the movie whereas simply working with the product and told to read the promotional leaflets is like reading a plot summary of the movie. Who's going to be better at talking about how great the movie was? the people who have had to do a lot of guess work from just reading the review or the people who have actually seen it?

I have been working with an industry premium brand for 2 years and I can't tell clients much more than what they could find out for themselves about those products due to lack of product training. I'm sure it's a lovely brand but part of me doesn't want to see another bottle or poster relating to it for a long time now lol.

Which brings to me tell you all how excited I am to be going self employed very soon. I am *finally* going to get full training in a product range because it will be me who holds the product account. I'm not 100% sure which brand I'm going with yet but to tell you that I can't wait is a massive understatement. I want to be able to tell clients why the certain ingredients are good for their skin and when is the best time to use it and what products in the range best compliment each other. I love skin care and I've felt frustrated at my enthusiasm being so stifled for so long so I am ultra excited about getting some education in the products I am going to be using. Sure, most of it is day course stuff and I'm plenty qualified to do a facial but I think knowledge is very important in terms of taking it beyond cleanse, exfoliate, tone etc. I want details!

Education is so important, you need to know how to get the best out of your product. As a nail tech, I've always got much better results after going on product training. You need to know how to use something to it's maximum potential in order to be able to give the best results and this will in turn increase your enthusiasm and this will come across to clients. It's a win win situation really.

I've done a lot of moaning on here over the years about how employers want you to use the products but won't supply the training to long term employees (sorry folks!) so I'm massively looking forward to going self employed where I can embrace the level of education that I think will make me an even better therapist.

Do you find that education inspires enthusiasm for you? What are your thoughts?

Completely agree with you. I get so excited when signing up for new courses and while on them and afterwards its all I can think about ! It gives you much more confidence in your work and when you are talking to clients too I find. Besides, its something you will know forever :)

I agree. Knowledge is power and you can never stop learning. I learn new things everyday, whether it's related to beauty or not:Love:

Latest posts

Back