electrolysis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxkirstxx

Reaction score
hi there, wondering if any one could help me, if any one does electrolysis what are the main causes of scarring? is it due to deep insertion and shallow insertion or am i just getting too confused about all this?
any help would be great
kirstxxx

causes can be :

too high an intensity

shallow insertion

too many insertions in the follicle, or surrounding area

incorrect insertion

client picking scabs (nice!)

there are prob more, i'm sure someone will help!
HTHs xx

I think you are more like to get scarring with galvanic or blend than you are with diathermy on its own. Also afro-carribean clients skin more succeptible to scarring so you really have to watch the intensity. I agree though, overtreating & too high current most likely culprits!

a shallow insertion which concentrates the heat on the upper layers of the skin is very prone to scarring. x

I think you are more like to get scarring with galvanic or blend than you are with diathermy on its own. Also afro-carribean clients skin more succeptible to scarring so you really have to watch the intensity. I agree though, overtreating & too high current most likely culprits!
I have to disagree with this statement, you are just as likely to get scarring from diathermy as you are with blend/galvanic. Diathermy uses heat so if you use too high a current or an incorrect insertion then you can burn the skin which can result in scarring. I just wanted to make it clear so any inexperianced therapists will not assume you can't scar your client if using diathermy epilation.

Latest posts

Back