Electronic readers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
Hi All

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of these? I am going on holiday in May and the rate I get through books I would use all of my weight allowance with just books. Also does anyone know what the battery life of these is?

Any thoughts would be greatfully received!

Lx

I have an Amazon Kindle and it is great. The battery life is pretty good - just on standby it lasts about 2 weeks, but if you are reading a lot it needs charging every few days. There are lots of great free book sites out there too so you aren't limited to only buying books from Amazon.

I'd highly recommend it.

I've got a Sony E-Reader, it's an odd experience reading on it, I can't say I love it, but I don't hate it either :irked: :lol:

It came with a CD of 100 classic books so I thought I'd read some of them to expand my mind, ha! what a joke, I started on Jungle Book, hated the book, hated the eReader and was gutted I'd spend nearly £200 on the thing.

Luckily someone sent me the Twilight series and as I was desperate to read them I tried the reader again and loved it, so I think you need to start with something you really want to read to make sure you keep using it.

I too bought it for exactly the same reasons as you, I can do 14 books on a 2 week holiday, and it's perfect for that. Batterywise it's better than my phone, but remember it doesn't come with a wall charger in the box, you have to buy one seperately (not cheap at £25). It comes with a USB charger but who has their PC on holiday with them??

I also invested in a silicone cover and a screen protector so I could use it on the beach/pool without worrying to much about damaging it. It's not the perfect protection but it helps.

There's a cheap place to buy ebooks on the net called A2eb I got loads from them

Ooh marvellous - thanks for the infomation and for the link too, I think I will try and borrow a friend's for a few days to see what it feels like. What classics did it come with? Were they all terribly highbrow or did it have a few trashy Jane Austins and Charlotte Brontes too? Lx

Last edited:
Electronic reader is an electronic device that is designed primarily for the purpose of reading digital books and periodicals and uses e-ink technology to display content to readers. The main advantages of these devices are portability, readability of their screens in bright sunlight, and long battery life.

Latest posts

Back