Encased designs dull

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cari4003

Reaction score
I have been practicing encasing my nail art designs with clear l&p but it dulls the design. With Christmas coming I am getting requests for holiday art but want it to last so I have been trying to encase it.

Any tips or tricks geeks out there? Please help.

What is it that you are trying to encase is it rhinestones, stripers, tape stickers or hand painting?

Colored acrylic, hand painting, rhinestones

are you graduating the grits and buffing to a high shine?

if you dont graduate your file grits then your surface finish will nt be as shine and ould appear dull

Sparklepink said:
are you graduating the grits and buffing to a high shine?

if you dont graduate your file grits then your surface finish will nt be as shine and ould appear dull

Yes I am graduating grits. Do you apply the same as overlay or a little thicker or what?

cari4003 said:
Yes I am graduating grits. Do you apply the same as overlay or a little thicker or what?

If you are applying an overlay on top of your L&P design I found working a tiny bit wetter so it gets into all the nooks and crannies. Are you encasing with clear and not pink?

Take care xx

use clear l&p with intense seal or another gel gloss over top. rhinestones always look better not incased, i think.

I'll try it a little wetter. I had a colored acrylic design with a glitter paint stripe. I encased using clear acrylic but after buffing really dulled design and paint. Thanks for advice ladies!

cari4003 said:
I'll try it a little wetter. I had a colored acrylic design with a glitter paint stripe. I encased using clear acrylic but after buffing really dulled design and paint. Thanks for advice ladies!

i buff (graduating the grits), apply the handpainted parts, then apply a layer or two of a good topcoat (i use EZ Flow's UV30). EZ Flow says that UV30 is only for use on acrylic nails (so no polish underneath) but if it's just a stripe or two it won't crack (i've tested it myself and no problems so far). or you could apply a gel top coat. they're really glossy and your art won't go ANYWHERE! lol.

oh, and are you using a premixed glitter? when i mix my own glitters, they aren't as glittery and have a little dusty look to them. but hey, that could just be me....

Latest posts

Back