Encyclopedia of Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaynine

Reaction score
Encyclopedia of Nails by Habia City & Guilds.
What do you think on it, any one own it? I was thinking of trying but remember reading one revue somewhere that said it wasn't that good. So I was wondering if anyone knew first hand?

I have this book and it is quite good, however I actually prefer Marian Newman's complete nail technician.

this book got me through college when i was doing my vtct manicures and pedicures. it is full of info that i found helped me on every aspect of the mani/pedi also the health, safety standards in the workplace diploma i took at college.
:)
hth

I have this book and it is quite good, however I actually prefer Marian Newman's complete nail technician.

Yeah I have that one, do you think there is enough difference between then to warrant getting both?

If it is the second edition you have then I would say probably overkill to have both as they are very similar, but then if you are like me and need to wn every book out there then maybe yes LOL.

If you want to supplement your library go for something different to the above and buy Nailclass by Gigi Rouse.

The Encyclopedia of Nails provides everything you need to know about nails from manicure and pedicure treatments to the latest health and safety legislation through to day-to-day life in the salon. Suitable for everyone learning how to become a nail technician whatever your mode of study.

If it is the second edition you have then I would say probably overkill to have both as they are very similar, but then if you are like me and need to wn every book out there then maybe yes LOL.

If you want to supplement your library go for something different to the above and buy Nailclass by Gigi Rouse.

Beat you to it, got that one as well. I probable won't get it then unless I have some spare cash and a rainy day. (But mabey before then :eek: )

Latest posts

Back