Experienced tech acrylic problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlene1983

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have been doing acrylics 10 years plus- I have been having a problem recently with my regulars losing nails in the space of a week which is very unusual. If this was just one client I'd think it was something they had been using but this is a few of my ladies.
I've been doing free repairs but it's getting too much now.
I use cuticle away, then the client rinses, then I use scrub fresh, nsi brush on adhesive, tips, nsi attraction primer, nsi acrylic. I have not changed my routine or products so I can't understand what's going on!

I've just ordered a new primer (attraction primer) just incase this could of been out of date and causing the nails to come off. Is their anything else that I could be missing that could cause this problem? I think we get in our routine of doing the same thing and I don't want to become complacent.

I'm sorry, I can't be much help, you've being doing it 10 years, you know more than me, maybe like you say one of the primers has gone off? Could your brush be contaminated?

I would be looking at your primer being too old (which you have already done)
Is your monomer ok? Check to see that it is not out of date too or contaminated some how.
Check your brush to ensure it is also not contaminated, dip it in some monomer then give it a good wipe across clean white paper towel, if it leaves any yellow behind then it's contaminated.

Are you totally positive that nothing has changed, think long and hard back to the service with these particular clients, are you sure you built a correct structure? Did you get side tracked and forget a step maybe? It could be something so small that you did different that could be causing this.

I agree, if it was 1 client then it's more than likely the client but if it's many clients and these clients normally do not have any issues, then it's more than likely something you have done, used or not done.

It's time to play detective:)

Latest posts

Back