Extra education

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily0x

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have my cosmetology license, I know that I can work in a spa with that since it covers esthetician, but what if I wanted to get into the microdermabraision and laser hair removal? Or even medical esthetician? Does anyone know what I would have to do to do this. Would I have to go to esthetician school even though I already went for cosmetology?

I'm not familiar with the system where you are but it's not uncommon in the UK to complete one full qualification and then take another. For example, after nvq3 beauty therapy, a level 4 qualification is required for stuff like laser treatments and spmu.

By my understanding you can work as a supervised assistant with your cosmetology qualifications, but if you wanted to run a business by yourself or work unsupervised then yes you would have to take the required qualifications. It might be better to approach your licensing board, they will know for sure.

Latest posts

Back