Eyelash extension help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat Your Lashes

Reaction score
Hello to all my Lovely Lashers out there!

I have been doing Eyelash Extensions for a few months now but I don't have any contacts in my area and I wanted to get some feedback from more experienced technicians!

While every client is different and has different lashes to begin with, most of the feedback from my clients is that they want them "fuller". Currently I have only been trained in Classic extensions and hope to move onto Volume lashes. I've been studding the difference between the two but want to make sure I am technically capable before moving on.

#1. How can I create a "fuller" darker Lash line without increasing the weight of the lashes. I was trained that most people cannot handle .25mm. I've been told to mix in shorter .08 or .09 in which I have done but then the longer lashes look a bit spidery. HELP!

#2. How long should I work with classic extensions before I move on to Volume extensions?

#3. How to handle a client that has super fine lashes that point in every different direction! Usually the older women I have worked on have very fine short lashes that aren't straight. Sometimes I will skip some of the more severe lashes but I was taught that lash artists are supposed to correct the direction of the natural lash, which means sometimes the extension will not be placed going the same direction as the natural lash. Any tips and tricks to improve this?

#4. Lash Sealer, This came with my kit and I was told its great for clients who are very active or have oily skin. I was told its good to have extra products on hand to upsell and incase the longevity inbetween visits. Do you apply sealer with every your standard set or as an optional add on or only made available for purchase?

I'll attach a few pictures of the sets I've done. Most have been applied to friends and family but I want to start taking on paid clients at a discounted rate. Most of the sets and fills I have completed .20mm with curl varying from Bs Cs and Ds from .07 to .15.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_8996.JPG
    IMG_8996.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_9030.JPG
    IMG_9030.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_9242 copy.jpg
    IMG_9242 copy.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 135
  • FullSizeRender-6 (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender-6 (1).jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 134
Ive trained in lashes but to be honest they arent popular here so i dont offer the service. I havent done lashes in months and months so im not going to give my opinion on all your questions as i know you will get better answers from ladies here that are more qualified. I do however have a suggestion for your first question about making them appear fuller- have you tried using Y or W lashes? I used these on clients that had sparse lashes and found it worked well.

Hi, I hope you don't mind me jumping inn. I am also looking for some advice on how you create a 'darker and fuller' look. I have been doing extensions since November and from where I can see I am applying the lashes to every single eyelash, but the finished look is nowhere near as good as when I have mine done by other technicians. I'm really not sure what I'm doing so different?!
Bat your lashes - your picks look brilliant. I know what you mean though by how you feel your clients lashes look 'spidery' - mine the exact same.
Could anyone share their thoughts please?
Many thanks x

You could have a look at the ellipse lashes which have a flatter base and makes the lashes look at bit fuller

Hello to all my Lovely Lashers out there!

I have been doing Eyelash Extensions for a few months now but I don't have any contacts in my area and I wanted to get some feedback from more experienced technicians!

While every client is different and has different lashes to begin with, most of the feedback from my clients is that they want them "fuller". Currently I have only been trained in Classic extensions and hope to move onto Volume lashes. I've been studding the difference between the two but want to make sure I am technically capable before moving on.

#1. How can I create a "fuller" darker Lash line without increasing the weight of the lashes. I was trained that most people cannot handle .25mm. I've been told to mix in shorter .08 or .09 in which I have done but then the longer lashes look a bit spidery. HELP!

#2. How long should I work with classic extensions before I move on to Volume extensions?

#3. How to handle a client that has super fine lashes that point in every different direction! Usually the older women I have worked on have very fine short lashes that aren't straight. Sometimes I will skip some of the more severe lashes but I was taught that lash artists are supposed to correct the direction of the natural lash, which means sometimes the extension will not be placed going the same direction as the natural lash. Any tips and tricks to improve this?

#4. Lash Sealer, This came with my kit and I was told its great for clients who are very active or have oily skin. I was told its good to have extra products on hand to upsell and incase the longevity inbetween visits. Do you apply sealer with every your standard set or as an optional add on or only made available for purchase?

I'll attach a few pictures of the sets I've done. Most have been applied to friends and family but I want to start taking on paid clients at a discounted rate. Most of the sets and fills I have completed .20mm with curl varying from Bs Cs and Ds from .07 to .15.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Your lashes look good! I would consider doing volume lash training if they are looking for a fuller look. The volume lashes I found were easier to do than the basic - though the basic just took me forever to gain my speed and learn. The look is completely different they have a 'fluffy' look. I know some people mix basic and volume lashes to get a bit of a more natural effect.
To answer your #1 question have you tried using all the same length? It creates a more dramatic look. But I use to mix in shorter ones but never liked to look so I generally only use my 8/9mm for the inside corners of the eyes. Also, I rarely use .25 most my clients can't handle that thickness. I have found (this may sound weird) but putting on .15 lashes and mixing in a couple different lengths. Like I would mix 11/12/13mm throughout and mostly use the 13 at the end of the eye. Since doing volume lashes I find basic all sort of have a spidery look to them - but I have clients that still love their basic lashes.
I only did basic lashes for 8 months before training for my volume. I waited until I was confident with doing basic lashes - which took quite awhile. I think if your confident and you have clients asking for more volume then it could be time to train to do them.
I have found that some lashes that go weird directions I can't do anything about. But if I put a lash extension on one of those I will hold the lash in place (so it's not going sideways) and wait for the glue to dry and it usually dries in place. But somebody else might have better advice for this.
I was trained to use the lash sealant after doing basic lash set. I have had problems up selling some of this. I do have a sealant that is black. And my younger clients like this because it darkens the lashes (similar to mascara) but it's a sealant so it's helping the longevity of them.

Hope that all made sense and helps you out! But I would definitely look into doing volume lashes, most my clients converted over. I only have a few that have stayed with the basic.

Latest posts

Back