Eyelash extension practice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laaur

Reaction score
I'm gonna be doing an eyelash extension course soon, I have been looking at YouTube videos on how to do the eyelashes and reading up about them. I was just wondering if It would be a good idea to start practising doing them on my sister before the course just to get the hang of it! Has anyone else done this?

To be honest, I personally wouldn't practise on people before you're qualified to do so. Your teacher on the course might show you a slightly different technique to the one that you've seen on YouTube and that might be confusing for you if you've already started getting used to the way you have done things.
All the other students won't have experience either, so you'll all be at the same level.

It's great though that you are so keen on learning new skills and wanting to practise them! But before you're qualified the only thing I would practise on are the plastic head things, similiar as the hair dressing ones, but for eyelash extensions. You can get them on ebay.

Hope that helps and I hope you will enjoy your course :).
x

I'm gonna be doing an eyelash extension course soon, I have been looking at YouTube videos on how to do the eyelashes and reading up about them. I was just wondering if It would be a good idea to start practising doing them on my sister before the course just to get the hang of it! Has anyone else done this?

Hell no, by all means watch the videos but keep those tweezers locked away.

Without correct training you could do someone a lot of damage.

Your course will teach you all you need to know so just wait it out and instead keep reading and watching only!

Thanks girls. I'll wait till iv done the course then! I'm so excited I just hope I pass. 😊 x

You will pass, any good teacher will ensure their students are competent before leaving the school. You will also have case studies to practice before you pass. The course is fun and I always give my students my direct number to contact me if they come across any new problems that you may experience whilst practicing. You will probably receive the same from other schools, so rest assured. Please keep away from tutorials on you tube! Learn from an experienced and qualified teacher. Good luck Miranda x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks that's made me feel so much better! Has anyone else done the course with Sally's salon? As that's the closest one to me! X

Latest posts

Back