Face painting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustStef2016

Reaction score
Hello, I know there are posts about face painting already! I have just finished my beauty level 2 and did a 3 day course in bridal make-up. In other words haven't trained in face painting at all. I used to work with kids so have very basic face painting skills . I have been asked to do a party in July . I have seen a few day courses in face painting I could do. I was wondering whether it is profitable and whether many people do it ? I was going to charge ( if I did it) £3.50 a face . Not too sure if it's a money making business. I would have to practice loads and buy a kit and head ( face painting one ) thanks in advance x

I'm a trained face painter and the pro kits are very expensive, they cost £££, plus you will need to have crb check.

I would check the competition in your area. Professional face painters charge a set rate for 2 hours facing for xx amount of people/children for parties and events and then an additional per person rate on top for any additional children on top of that number.

Only at fetes and school fair people charge a per person rate.

To make money out of it you have to work very hard and it's not the quick money earner that people think it is I'm afraid.

I am just still building up my make up kit, it's probably not the right time for me! Living London the competition is high also that's why I was wondering whether it would be worth it. If the kit cost anything need to my make up kit then it will have to wait . My other concern was buying a kit and it going off the paints . Thanks for the information I would like to do a course then just practice. I will check out local competition and their pricing etc.

Latest posts

Back