Files-what do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumpapple

Reaction score
New for each client or re useable?
Trying to decide whether to keep for each client or use a reuseable one.
Am I right in thinking if they're the thicker foam type they are reuseable and if thin card type use on once customer as can't sanitise? Or can you?
What grit do you use for natural nails? 240?
Also if using a reusable one, how often do you replace?
Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

New for each client or re useable?
Trying to decide whether to keep for each client or use a reuseable one.
Am I right in thinking if they're the thicker foam type they are reuseable and if thin card type use on once customer as can't sanitise? Or can you?
What grit do you use for natural nails? 240?
Also if using a reusable one, how often do you replace?
Thanks!

I'm re-using my files. I have 4 files i use always:
I'm using the CND Kanga (240/240 grit) on the natural nail (to shorten it) & on sidewalls. After using, on 1 client, i put it in a seperate box (i'm mobile), to clean it with all my other things in the evening when i get home). On natural nails, only use 180 gritt or higher.
The Koala Buffer (240/1200gritt) i use to define the shape & form of new placed enhancement (240 side) the softnes avoid flat sides on the nails. The 1200 side, i use to apply Solar oil into the enhancement (acrylic) before buffing with my Girlfriend Buffer (2400/4000/12000 gritt).
When using the girlfriend, as last step, apply a little scrubfresh on the 12000 gritt to buff to a high shine.
The Hotshot (Black) and the Blizzard board (White), both identical in grit 100/180, 100gritt to remove old product before a refill, 180 to define form on a new enhancement.
Every evening, i take my used files, i brush them clean (dry!).
Then i take my Kanga-files appart and spray them with alcohol. The Kanga file cannot be washed with water & soap.
The other files are scrubbed with a brush, warm water and soap. then they dry on a clean towel, covered with a clean towel. When dry, i spray them with alcohol, i let them dry again and they are ready to re-use.

I use new 240 grit files for new clients, keeping regulars individually with record card and using file and nail spray by profile before use. Toes I def use new files regardless had some really rough ones in a large quantity so using those up x

I use individually wrapped files, a new one for every client. I give the file to my clients and have them bring them back at the next appointment. If they bring their file back, I don't open a new one unless I need it. I use 240 files for natural nails, and 100/180 for gels and acrylics, sometimes 80 grit for acrylics if needed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I use individually wrapped files, a new one for every client. I give the file to my clients and have them bring them back at the next appointment. If they bring their file back, I don't open a new one unless I need it. I use 240 files for natural nails, and 100/180 for gels and acrylics, sometimes 80 grit for acrylics if needed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Do you find they actually remember it? I can imagine no one bringing it back! Even if using on same client do you still clean?

I have a foam one for each client that comes individually wrapped so once I'm done I sanitise it with my spray and pop it back in the wrapping that I then sharpie their name onto. I keep a hold of them and when I know I'm seeing them I get it out. I also have separate ones for their feet and hands. So clients have two each basically.

Do you find they actually remember it? I can imagine no one bringing it back! Even if using on same client do you still clean?

Surprisingly, they do bring them back. I tell them just to leave it in their purse in case they get a snag that needs smoothing. I do spray them with my sanitizing solution prior to reusing them on the client.

So is it not the done thing to re-use files?

I was taught to use Mundo spray on my wooden files, sponge buffers, currette etc.

Do you have to use a separate file per client?

So is it not the done thing to re-use files?

I was taught to use Mundo spray on my wooden files, sponge buffers, currette etc.

Do you have to use a separate file per client?

I re-use files. I brush off debris and spray with mundo.

Think thin wooden ones are expected to be disposable or kept for a clients use and sanitised. All other kinds inc buffers etc to be washed and sanitised thoroughly. I've been taught to do that at least, i will have a look at habia code of practise- not sure it's an expectation or just a natural progression?? X

I found some from sallys that I love. They come individually wrapped, but they clear as day state they are doainfectable. I clean the file with soap and water, scrubbing with a nail brush, dry them, then spray with alcohol, enough that is stays wrt for 10 minutes

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back