Finally registered, what do I do with my own nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maria-Titi

Reaction score
Hello,
I finally decided to register, after reading for a long time your forum, searching for information. I am not a salon professional and don't offer services for another people.
I have been doing my nails since I was 12 years old, and I love to do it. But my nails are very weak, and difficult to maintain beautiful with real life.
Finally in 2012 I discover OPI Gelcolor, and started using the system. First, in a big salon, but they didn't last and start chipping very fast. Then I changed to another one, this time small. The problem was the removing, they used pure acetone and did not wait more than 5-10 minutes, then used a metal tool to remove the old gel polish, destroying my nail plate. After that they buffed a lot trying to level the surface. I told her that I thought she was damaging my nail, but she said she have never had problems with any client before…
At that point most of my nails broke in the middle, because they were so thin and delicate, after those treatments. I search on Internet about gel system and decided to do it by myself. On september 2012 I bought OPI led lamp, base coat, top coat and colors. I repair my broken nails with nail tape and started with the gel system.
In Chile most nail technicians are not well prepared. I am an agronomist, and have a high level of knowledge in chemistry, physics, microbiology and physiology. Also during my university studies I work as a surgeon assistant. and I think I am prepared to do my nails.
Now I been using OPI Gelcolor system for more than one year and I am really happy. My nails are always looking beautiful and I have the possibility of doing them when I have the time, it may be 12 at night! With a husband, four kids, a big house and a work as a manager in a metalwork industry, time is the scarce resource in my life.
Now, happy to be registered in Salon Geek.
Maria-Titi :Grope:

Hello & welcome to salon geek ...,
We have all started somewhere in our profession of nails & beauty ... You seem like you've looked into how therapists should be doing your treatments correctly and tried it yourself instead as you know it's wrong what they've been doing.
What I would say is why not look into a training course, to use the products to their full potential and really be able to care for your nails correctly with the knowledge everything your doing is correct and safe.
Also with your background in chemistry
& physiology and the interest you have in it you may find yourself a new career ...
Xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Hello,
I finally decided to register, after reading for a long time your forum, searching for information. I am not a salon professional and don't offer services for another people.
I have been doing my nails since I was 12 years old, and I love to do it. But my nails are very weak, and difficult to maintain beautiful with real life.
Finally in 2012 I discover OPI Gelcolor, and started using the system. First, in a big salon, but they didn't last and start chipping very fast. Then I changed to another one, this time small. The problem was the removing, they used pure acetone and did not wait more than 5-10 minutes, then used a metal tool to remove the old gel polish, destroying my nail plate. After that they buffed a lot trying to level the surface. I told her that I thought she was damaging my nail, but she said she have never had problems with any client before…
At that point most of my nails broke in the middle, because they were so thin and delicate, after those treatments. I search on Internet about gel system and decided to do it by myself. On september 2012 I bought OPI led lamp, base coat, top coat and colors. I repair my broken nails with nail tape and started with the gel system.
In Chile most nail technicians are not well prepared. I am an agronomist, and have a high level of knowledge in chemistry, physics, microbiology and physiology. Also during my university studies I work as a surgeon assistant. and I think I am prepared to do my nails.
Now I been using OPI Gelcolor system for more than one year and I am really happy. My nails are always looking beautiful and I have the possibility of doing them when I have the time, it may be 12 at night! With a husband, four kids, a big house and a work as a manager in a metalwork industry, time is the scarce resource in my life.
Now, happy to be registered in Salon Geek.
Maria-Titi :Grope:

Welcome to SG :)

You seem like a person who would with the proper training become a fabulous artificial or natural nail technician!

This is almost how I started out. I loved doing my nails with polish and loved getting gels done. Love nail art, colors, longish nails. I had a very bad experience getting gels done and got fed up with ladies claiming their L&P was gel. I bought a Sally Hansen LED gel polish kit but didn't like how it only lasted approx 10 days. Started upgrading to Gelish and now training to become a nail tech. Can't wait for my exam!

Why don't you train to become a nail tech? I mainly only work on my mom and myself right now but I plan on expanding when I get my cert.

Latest posts

Back