First set in ages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soniamarie

Reaction score
Hi, I have not been doing nails for a while and even then only for myself and my daughter. I have been qualified for ages and really want to take the plunge and advertise but know I need to improve, alot . Please can any of you let me know what you think to these nails. New shapes to me as normally do the normal square. Done using Calge, like I said first in a long time.
P4110117.JPG
P4110118.JPG
P4110119.JPG

Hi, I have not been doing nails for a while and even then only for myself and my daughter. I have been qualified for ages and really want to take the plunge and advertise but know I need to improve, alot . Please can any of you let me know what you think to these nails. New shapes to me as normally do the normal square. Done using Calge, like I said first in a long time.View attachment 204374 View attachment 204375 View attachment 204376

Looking for comments on where I can improve so anyone first set in ages trying out different nail shapes.Only ever done the square shape and oval before.

For not having done nails in a while these look good. I would focus on filing your side walls in more to give a more defined shaped, especially on your square and coffin.
Your smile lines are fairly near just the odd bit here and there but practice makes perfect - especially with French!

Maybe do some introductory offers, however don't lower your prices too much as people expect this from you going forward. Know your worth. Calgel is a great product I do it myself and people will pay for it :)

For not having done nails in a while these look good. I would focus on filing your side walls in more to give a more defined shaped, especially on your square and coffin.
Your smile lines are fairly near just the odd bit here and there but practice makes perfect - especially with French!

Maybe do some introductory offers, however don't lower your prices too much as people expect this from you going forward. Know your worth. Calgel is a great product I do it myself and people will pay for it :)

Thank you Nailgirl for your comments, I will have a go with the filing, first try doing these shapes, suppose the hardest would be doing a whole set the same lol, I only have the soft white which I feel does not show the smile line up that well so will be ordering another whiter white. Not sure how you do your smile lines but I freeze cured think thats what they call it lol the pink for 30 sec then done the white, not so happy but like you say practice more and hopefully I will get it right. Just didnt want to start advertising if people think they are not good enough to start with. Nice to hear other nail techs opinions. These were tips but I like doing sculpts too so will have a few weeks practice and go from there. If you were doing the stiletto style would you use that shape tip or file down ?? what is your most popular nail shape you do ? just wondering. x

Latest posts

Back