Foil placement advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charli85

Reaction score
Any ideas on foil placement to avoid the stripey look.
Have tried different angles on placement.
She had dark roots with coppery colours through, with bands of previous colouring
I have been putting highlights through with natural to break it up.
But now she wants to darken the blonde and avoid a stripey look
She has masses of hair and it's a big job every time.
I have explained that I need to lift her roots as she's a level 5, to get the blonde then tone it a couple of shades

Any advice on how to avoid the stripey look would be appreciated and also on colour.
Feel like I'm exausting all options apart from dark brown to her natural with highlights through (but then it will be 'stripey' again)

Attachments

• 20161007_115311.jpg
    20161007_115311.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 153
This is bleach foils
7/0 and 7/7 colour touch
12/1 high lift
Fine weave of blondes, slices and bigger weave brown
Top section done on diagonal

If you want it to look less you either need to do a lot more, and much finer highlights, or use a lighter colour in between x

I don't tend to use 3 colours in a foil much, as in this case the bleach and hilift would sit too similar next to each other and look like one big stripe. I would advise her to use two colours and then her 'third' colour would be her natural hair that's left out in the weaves. So use one light one and maybe the darker one? It would also result in more brown going through her hair so she will feel a bit darker and more natural.

Also you weaves looks too big. No foil placement can rectify that. Next time try more of a micro weave/babylight technique throughout, especially around the hairline and down the parting xx

Have a look at Fast Foiling for Profit by Anthony Presotto. It's an e-book and costs about 2 quid.

Gives you a few different foil placement options.

I don't tend to use 3 colours in a foil much, as in this case the bleach and hilift would sit too similar next to each other and look like one big stripe. I would advise her to use two colours and then her 'third' colour would be her natural hair that's left out in the weaves. So use one light one and maybe the darker one? It would also result in more brown going through her hair so she will feel a bit darker and more natural.

Also you weaves looks too big. No foil placement can rectify that. Next time try more of a micro weave/babylight technique throughout, especially around the hairline and down the parting xx

This is mostly from previous colouring as she wanted to go from dark to blonde.
Now she feels too blonde so have been trying to break it up but without going too dark.
I am thinking of foiling through some fine weave blonde and darkening the rest to go back to an even colour.
She has to many tones from previous colouring
You can't tell from pic but that is actually fine weave blonde.
Wish I would have trusted my instincts and went for darker all over with blonde pulled through.

Latest posts

Back