Freelance hairstylists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leahukhairstylist

Reaction score
Are you members of anything like state registered hairdresser or freelance hairdressing association? Do you feel like you need these and its worth being apart of? What are the benifits and are they necessary?

Are you members of anything like state registered hairdresser or freelance hairdressing association? Do you feel like you need these and its worth being apart of? What are the benifits and are they necessary?

I dont think its worth registering with the hairdressing council or such being freelance. What good are certificates on a wall, doesn't mean you can actually do good hair so to speak.

Im with the FHA, for me its just a professional body to refer to and for help in terms of being a freelancer. They do have discounted training, direct Wella accounts if you need that. Its useful to quote "member of FHA" to wholesalers, discounts on training and off salon supplies etc. But the main thing is that clients seem to like it. I had one woman fully check me out and called the FHA up and did all her back ground research on me to make sure i was legit. Now looking back it makes complete sense why some clients need this reassurance if they are coming to your home or vise versa (especially being male). So that's why I stick with the FHA, they do have regional groups and support if you want face to face contact with other members.

Latest posts

Back