Full time courses and rent/mortgage? How do you manage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyKy

Reaction score
Hey girlies (and the occasional guy :wink2:)

I have started my part time course in Cosmetic Make-Up. Well, once a week isn't really part time it's more like non-existent, but oh well! I work 4/5 days a week so I could afford rent now. Thankfully I live with my family so it's a little easier (£100 a month or so goes to my mother for "rent").

I am planning to move from Bristol to Cardiff next year after my course finishes, and will be saving up for a few month's rent whilst I find a job, so that shouldn't be too bad.

I am going to be applying for Beauty Therapy NVQ 2 full time somewhere in Cardiff, but I don't know how I'd be able to earn enough money to live somewhere decent (meaning my own room, bathroom and toilet, at the very least!) and still have a full time education.

I have literally no idea where to start with this, and any help would be appreciated. Can you get funding/concessions even if you don't have children, and you have a job?

Please excuse my ignorance on this subject, it's all new to me.

Thanks for any help! I hope I put this in the right section.
(Looks like I didn't! Thanks for moving it. :o )

Ky x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back