Gel Enhancements - Pricing, etc.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StudioGal

Reaction score
I'm so happy to have found this forum!

I have been doing strictly natural nails for years and am bringing back Gel Enhancements (IBD) into my business. I started wearing them myself and learned a lot from the girl that was doing them and realized a lot of what I was doing wrong when I did them years ago. First things first, she used primer and then straight on w/ the builder gel. No bonder. Second, she used a drill, which I was dead set against for years but I've come around and just got my first one!

So I've been practicing and perfecting my (borrowed) technique on myself and a friend and I'm thrilled with the results. I'm currently trying to find some instruction on doing Color Gels so I can practice that.

Now I'm not sure what to charge. I have a very busy book and I am not interested or in need of every girl on the street who wants a full set so I want to be selective.

It seems the better salons in my area charge $30-$35 for gel fills. I charged my friend for her last fill and she thought $35 was the biggest bargain on the planet.

I know it varies from area to area - I charge $25 for pedicures and $45 for manicures to give you a range. When I used to do acrylics I charged $65 for a full set - and we're going back about 6 years or so.

Any suggestions/comments? Also, how do you price a-la-carte gel polish services?

Hi and welcome to the site.

It seems the better salons in my area charge $30-$35 for gel fills. I charged my friend for her last fill and she thought $35 was the biggest bargain on the planet.
That seems extremely cheap!

I know it varies from area to area - I charge $25 for pedicures and $45 for manicures to give you a range. When I used to do acrylics I charged $65 for a full set - and we're going back about 6 years or so.
I think your pedicure price is too cheap, pedi's take longer than manicures, you should be charging for your time as well as product used.
I think your full price set sounds 'middle of the road'... what sort of price do you think your full set of enhancements is worth?

Now I'm not sure what to charge. I have a very busy book and I am not interested or in need of every girl on the street who wants a full set so I want to be selective.

If this is the case then I would charge top dollar as long as you are certain your work & training are top notch and you are happy with your work.

Cheap prices attract cheap clients anyway, they will be off as soon as they find someone else cheaper, so don't go there . . .

In any case, it is always easier to start higher and then make offers if you need to, rather than start low and then try to raise prices. I know, I've been there :lol:

Good luck hun xx

whoops - duh - I had that reversed - I charge $45 for PEDIS and $25 for MANIS!!

Thanks for the feedback, you are so right that it is important to start at top dollar and give offers rather than starting low.

Here's what I'm thinking - any feedback?

Gel Overlay $65

Full Set w/ Tips $80

Fill/Rebalance $45

French Polish add $10

Latest posts

Back