Gel polish thin colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolwheatley

Cass Wheatley
Reaction score
I use IBD and Inklondon .... both these brands are super.... however i have a couple of colours. .on each brand that dont cover well... like..i have to do 4 or 5 coats to get a true good colour.... mostly the colours are fine 2 coats max...
Is this normal. ... across all brands ...shall i just put these colours out of service.... btw i stir each colour before use....
Please help... it's driving me mad

Unfortunately, I think it is the case with most brands. Especially 100% gel polishes. I use ibd & have for years. It can get frustrating when you want a colour to be opaque but it's not. (Or it takes too many coats) Most of the colours are 2 coaters for me, but I have a few that need 3.
You could try using white underneath.

What ibd colours are you having issues with?

Ibd whipped cream... ink london no. 1 ... i might mix a bit of mica in the ibd one to make it a bit thicker lol...

Ibd whipped cream... ink london no. 1 ... i might mix a bit of mica in the ibd one to make it a bit thicker lol...

I only ever do 2 coats of whipped cream. I apply thin, but Iv seen other people apply thinner. But I don't think 4-5 coats sound right. It does need a good shake/stir, but you're already doing that.

You could give the mica a go. Let me know if it works.

Hi. The ink ilac i1 is supposed to be semisheer. It's mainly for french.

Hi. The ink ilac i1 is supposed to be semisheer. It's mainly for french.
Uummm it does not specify this on their website.... nevertheless i still love IL ... wis they did a thick sculpting gel x

They always do new things, so they might...

I use IBD and Inklondon .... both these brands are super.... however i have a couple of colours. .on each brand that dont cover well... like..i have to do 4 or 5 coats to get a true good colour.... mostly the colours are fine 2 coats max...
Is this normal. ... across all brands ...shall i just put these colours out of service.... btw i stir each colour before use....
Please help... it's driving me mad

I mainly use ibd. I also you Gellux and Shellac and some of their colours are the same too. Rather than try and get it a solid colour in one go I just apply about three thinner ones.

Latest posts

Back