GELeration vs Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FeelingLippy

Reaction score
Afternoon ladies!

Looking for some advice please. I have been using Shellac in the UK for a couple of years now and although I don't think the product is perfect (which product is?) I have always liked it and have had good results with it. However, now I live in Australia I have been trying to stock up and it is a nightmare. The Aus distributors (Pacific Nails) do not return calls or emails, it has been a week now and I haven't been able to open an account let alone place my order or get my products. I found another distributor, Creative Nails and did the same thing, e-mailed them my qualifications and asked them to open me an account, they replied (1 week ago) and said they would do it - tried to order and it won't let me, they haven't done it. I'v e-mailed asking to sort it - nothing! Frustrated isn't even the word considering I have just rented a room and start working next week!

Jessica on the other hand, who I contacted about other products, got back to me within the day and sent out catalogues and order forms etc, e-mailed me today again to update me. I am thinking I may just speak to them about switching to their Geleration as their customer service is so good. I don't know much about the product though, other than it is a gel polish, any geeks use it? what are your thoughts?

I had searched GELeration but there is not a lot of info at all - the first post is 2 years old and discusses more about how to apply the french than anything else and the second is just a question on why it isn't spoken about on the forums as much. Neither of them give any information about what the brand is like to use ie does it last the advertised 3-4 weeks, is it popular with clients. Would love if a therapist who uses or has used the product can give me some feedback about it - if they left the product, why or if they love it, why.

But thanks for posting the links

Hi, I use geleration at my treatment room. I really like it, new colours are being added all the time. Its a really nice product to work with and is a great addition to the Jessica and Zenspa.

I would go for it as its nice to have an exclusive product that is difficult for clients to obtain. I avoid anything that can be bought at the wholesalers.

If you do decide to go with it, get the LED lamp.

Sent from my Nexus S using SalonGeek

Sorry the links weren't much help.
Martin Duffy on here has used GELeration since its launch...maybe drop him a PM asking how he gets on with it.

Hi, I use geleration at my treatment room. I really like it, new colours are being added all the time. Its a really nice product to work with and is a great addition to the Jessica and Zenspa.

I would go for it as its nice to have an exclusive product that is difficult for clients to obtain. I avoid anything that can be bought at the wholesalers.

If you do decide to go with it, get the LED lamp.

Thanks Hattie! A couple of girls back home have used it in their work and when I asked them if they got on well with it, they said they had problems with shrinking - one did say the Jessica rep told her that it was because she didn't seal the edges, I know this happens with all gel if the base coat isn't close enough at the top and cured quickly enough but just wanted to check that this isn't a flaw in the product? I'm assuming not if you are still using it. Do you find your clients get the advertised 3-4 weeks out of it? x

Sorry the links weren't much help.
Martin Duffy on here has used GELeration since its launch...maybe drop him a PM asking how he gets on with it.

Thank you hun, will pop him a message!

Thanks again x

I have been a Jessica Trainer for a year now. Have used Jessica for 2 years and I love the products. I used ESSIE, OPI and Creative for many years and the results you see with Jessica are fantastic.

Regards to The GELERATION line, I have not used any of the other brands of gels but the GELERATION last 3 weeks without chipping they could go 4 weeks its the regrowth that bothers the clients.
if you don't prepare the nail correctly and remove any trace of oil, gel applied to thick, light above work station is to hot. These are some of the reason for the shrinking that I have come across. And not sealing it correctly.The actual product is easy to apply.
LED is best to use with this gel. It's more expensive but takes less time (30 secs) vs UV (1 min) . LED can last you up to 7years depending on the amount of use where UV u have to constantly change the bulbs.

GO FOR IT :)

hey just to let u know we stock both within our salon just so the client has a choice as with any there are pluses and minuses in both sides clients are more aware of the shellac brand because of the well marketed campaign bu jessica is well know for their nail polish brand both are as good as each other however shellac guarantee 2weeks and jessica geleration 3weeks the geleration has loads more colours to choice from and if you have used their polishes before quite alot of the vivid colours and well known colours from jessica are available in the gel whereas with shellac you have a restricted array of colours but can layer them to create different colours slightly different procedure for the jessica just buff and prime before base coat application and different timings for base and top coat application apart from this sase effect slightly thicker product to work with and small amount goes long way good luck anf enjoy

Hi,

You have to be careful how you apply and do a good prep. But this should be done anyway.

Clients do get 3 weeks out of it as long as they look after them. If a client has weak nails then a thicker base coat can be used to strengthen the nails.

:)

Latest posts

Back