Gelish foundation - scrub or paint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeZe

Reaction score
When I trained in Gelish they said to almost ''scrub' the foundation on and work it into the nail. However I've noticed a lot of techs just painting it on.

What's everyone's thoughts please and which is better??

You need to have hardly any product on your brush & apply to the nail using a scrubbing action to really work the product into the nail. You'll find your colour coat won't shrink back this way too xx

I dab a tiny amount on then use a synthetic brush to work it in over the nail. This avoids wrecking the brush in the bottle. It means I don't dry brush it either. I don't usually have shrinkage problems.

Thanks both. I scrub it into the nail too, but I recently went to a salon and they just painted on, so wanted to check other peoples views! Thanks lovelies! xx

Yeah definitely scrub! I was also taught to smooth over by brushing/ painting (but not adding more product) once I've scrubbed in.
In training they said the colour will apply smoother this way but I don't think it makes much difference.

Laura xx

Latest posts

Back