Gelish peeling!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannahp100

Reaction score
Hi! Help! On two occasions my Gelish application on to natural nails has peeled after a week! Yet on others it is lasting two weeks with minimal chips! Is it just connected to either uv lamp or thick application of the product( though I don't apply it thickly, however some colour needs three coats to get the block colour). any advice greatly appreciated, how do you know if it is applied to thickly? or lamp not curing properly??? As when I am cleansing after top if off coat, I only get minimal colour transfer on the lint free wipe

Applying too thick results often in wrinkling of the color coats. Because you said not all clients are experiencing peeling, but some are i guess it has something to do with the condition of there nails. Have you tried the structure gel in combination with the gelish? The structure gel gives extra strength for more challenging nails (thin, peeling etc)

Sorry to jump on an old topic but one of my clients has one nail that peels a lot earlier than all of her other nails. The nails badly bent from arthritis, could this be why it chips earlier than the others?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385932252.510257.jpg

You can't really see it on this photo but the index finger with the bump on it has a line all the way down the nail that's indented xx

That is probably why. Try using structure gel for a bit if extra strength over this nail ?

Laura xx

That is probably why. Try using structure gel for a bit if extra strength over this nail ?

Laura xx

Thanks for the tip, I think I'll have to because the other nails last 10-14 days, that one chips or peels after a week :( xx

Thanks for the tip, I think I'll have to because the other nails last 10-14 days, that one chips or peels after a week :( xx

I have a lady who on her right hand her gelish is chipped on every finger, but her left hand is perfect after 3 weeks.
A layer of structure over the top of and all was well. It's just trial and error by I think it will make all the difference.
Good luck next time.

Laura xx

Dominant hand often chips first as it's used more. Index and middle fingers particularly. That hand is used to clean/wash up/scrape. I have a client who is amazed at the difference now she has stopped cleaning her kitchen surfaces with bleach every day without gloves on!

Do you apply structure over or under the colour x

I found gelish wasn't lasting on my hands and I was using a uv lamp, I was lucky if I got 4 days before it started peeling off. Just purchased a gelish led lamp and seems to be lasting loads better. The polish itself seems much harder and no peeling.

Latest posts

Back