Gelish starting to lift on a few clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumpapple

Reaction score
Hi - this is really weird but a few clients have recently said that their gels are starting to lift more recently. Never really had this problem before (other than one off customers that are prone to it)
I am not doing anything different regarding prep and really baffled...
Does the weather affect nails lifting at all? I know they dry out and cuticle oil should be applied more often but this doesn't cause lifting does it? (more likely to be chipping due to brittle nails?)
I've noticed it on myself too and the gel is almost coming off in one whole piece...
I do have a new bottle of foundation and the only thing I can think of is that as its full I may have a little more on the brush than normal and maybe not quite as thin but I have been being really careful with this so hoping this isn't the cause.
It's happening on a few clients that don't normally have any lifting problems though so it's getting me a bit down. They're not moaning about it at all. I just like to follow appointments up and find out how they're getting on.
I just don't want anymore lifting - anyone got any advice??
I have got pro bond to try on a lady on Thur who has always had lifting trouble and was advised to do this and she's happy to be guinea pig to see if it solves her problem but I don't need to be doing this to everyone surely?!

Help!!!
Thanks x

How long have you had your lamp? First thing that springs to mind is maybe your bulbs need changing?

Hello😊

Bless you it's annoying when things like this happen huh! But happens to the best of us so don't stress 😜 .. I wouldn't think it has anything to do with weather as if anything it dries the nail plates out which like you said if peeling it may cause chipping! Are you buffing the nails enough during your prep?

X

I was just thinking that as I pressed send! 😂

How long have you had your lamp? First thing that springs to mind is maybe your bulbs need changing?

It's an LED lamp so can't be that I don't think!

Hello😊

Bless you it's annoying when things like this happen huh! But happens to the best of us so don't stress 😜 .. I wouldn't think it has anything to do with weather as if anything it dries the nail plates out which like you said if peeling it may cause chipping! Are you buffing the nails enough during your prep?

X

Actually that's quite a good point.... I have been buffing less as I've been worried about over buffing (after reading doug schoon's book!) and read elsewhere that you only need to buff the new regrowth area on customers who are having reapplied? Maybe I should buff a bit more and see if this helps. I just think I can't afford to have it happen twice to the same person or they'll decide it's not worth the money having them done! :/

Thanks all for your replies so far. Lovely support x

It's an LED lamp so can't be that I don't think!

Check that all the lights are coming on inside. I had a problem when a transformer went in my 18g LED lamp. Harmony repaired it really quickly (within 48 hours).

Check that all the lights are coming on inside. I had a problem when a transformer went in my 18g LED lamp. Harmony repaired it really quickly (within 48 hours).

Thanks - will check that x

Deffos check lamp Hun, and if it's still happening I would put it down to under buffing if it's only just started happening and you've changed your technique 😊

Let us know if you still have any problems. Good luck XxX

Latest posts

Back