Gelish Top It Off bubbling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujub

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick question, I recently got a new Gelish top coat, brand new and for some reason it's full of bubbles? I haven't shook it and its always left upright etc, when I go to use it no matter how much excess I smooth off the brush it still seems to have lots of small bubbles in it? It's very annoying and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong?! I'd love if anyone could shed light on this for me! Thank you!

Hi all,

Quick question, I recently got a new Gelish top coat, brand new and for some reason it's full of bubbles? I haven't shook it and its always left upright etc, when I go to use it no matter how much excess I smooth off the brush it still seems to have lots of small bubbles in it? It's very annoying and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong?! I'd love if anyone could shed light on this for me! Thank you!

Having this problem too, can't get rid of them. I've brought another bottle ill use the remnants for glitter work etc. interested to hear from others! X

Maybe there was a bad batch or something. It's very annoying though! That's a good idea actually, to just use it for glitter work etc. I would love to hear feedback from others too!

Oh my god me too I thought I was going crazy! And looking at my nails for too long!

Hi everyone,

Just an update on the Gelish top coat. I called our supplier yesterday to order a new bottle and mentioned on the phone to them about the bubbling. She said nobody else has complained or enquired about it, she seemed to be a bit baffled at what to do/say. The new bottle arrived today and its absolutely perfect, no bubbles and its so smooth. Which leads me to think that it was definitely a faulty batch or something along those lines. The top coat bottle (that was bubbling) is grey and white and the new top coat is grey and white too but the "Top it off" is written in a blue banner. I attached pics to show you all! Think the grey and white is an older batch.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379001980.713230.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379002005.310361.jpg

Hi everyone,

Just an update on the Gelish top coat. I called our supplier yesterday to order a new bottle and mentioned on the phone to them about the bubbling. She said nobody else has complained or enquired about it, she seemed to be a bit baffled at what to do/say. The new bottle arrived today and its absolutely perfect, no bubbles and its so smooth. Which leads me to think that it was definitely a faulty batch or something along those lines. The top coat bottle (that was bubbling) is grey and white and the new top coat is grey and white too but the "Top it off" is written in a blue banner. I attached pics to show you all! Think the grey and white is an older batch.

View attachment 42646View attachment 42647

Mines blue and bubbled- maybe I should let harmony know too

Damn, I thought maybe the plain grey and white bottles were of an older batch or something and that would explain it! Very odd altogether.

Damn, I thought maybe the plain grey and white bottles were of an older batch or something and that would explain it! Very odd altogether.

I think it's not bring packed well enough and is getting air bubbles I had a gig delivered today first bead all bubbled before I even set it down. Will call next week I think

I think it's not bring packed well enough and is getting air bubbles I had a gig delivered today first bead all bubbled before I even set it down. Will call next week I think

I was actually about to say that. Could be in the storing/packing/traveling that's the problem. The girl I spoke to couldn't tell me. She did say it could be in the application, that the top coat should be used in extremely light and soft strokes as the brush springing back up after each stroke could be causing the bubbles. But the bubbles are there even before the brush touches the nails! Think she just said this as she didn't know what else to say?! Let us know what they say!

I was actually about to say that. Could be in the storing/packing/traveling that's the problem. The girl I spoke to couldn't tell me. She did say it could be in the application, that the top coat should be used in extremely light and soft strokes as the brush springing back up after each stroke could be causing the bubbles. But the bubbles are there even before the brush touches the nails! Think she just said this as she didn't know what else to say?! Let us know what they say!

Lol quite my brush is full of bubbles! Must be I store all my Gelish upright packed in tight in a box, no bumping around and I'm hardly ever mobile same with my hard gel wedged in a small section in my roo drawers, so irritating I'd already had the wrong gel sent and had to get hat that sorted. Also worry this air could affect the performance of it :-/

Lol quite my brush is full of bubbles! Must be I store all my Gelish upright packed in tight in a box, no bumping around and I'm hardly ever mobile same with my hard gel wedged in a small section in my roo drawers, so irritating I'd already had the wrong gel sent and had to get hat that sorted. Also worry this air could affect the performance of it :-/

Yep I'm exactly the same, they're always kept upright and packed away tightly. Our suppliers pack and send out the bottles in big plastic envelope thingys. The courier that delivered our order today came in with it in his hand swinging it around the place, I was with a client and felt like running over and grabbing it out of his hand!!! They need to be packed and sent out right, definitely. That is so irritating when they get orders wrong, the effort of sending things back etc. And yes, I am also freaked that its affecting the performance, a client came in today for removal and back on and I noticed one of her nails had little holes in the Gelish where the bubbles were, she never said anything or complained but it definitely alarmed me!! I'm not using that top coat anymore, think I will just bin it to be honest.

The little holes in the gel are air bubbles that before you cure in the lamp you should check. If you cure an air bubble in the lamp you will not only notice it but it will more than likely cause the nail to lift off. If you find you get these alot you need to use a quick method when applying gel. There are many methods out there but if u use a base coat apply that to one finger cure it straight away and then do each finger individually. The holes in it can also highlight were the molecules in the gel have moved because the edge has not been sealed correctly x

The little holes in the gel are air bubbles that before you cure in the lamp you should check. If you cure an air bubble in the lamp you will not only notice it but it will more than likely cause the nail to lift off. If you find you get these alot you need to use a quick method when applying gel. There are many methods out there but if u use a base coat apply that to one finger cure it straight away and then do each finger individually. The holes in it can also highlight were the molecules in the gel have moved because the edge has not been sealed correctly x

The gel pot is full of air bubbles Hun, can this be corrected on application???

Yep I'm exactly the same, they're always kept upright and packed away tightly. Our suppliers pack and send out the bottles in big plastic envelope thingys. The courier that delivered our order today came in with it in his hand swinging it around the place, I was with a client and felt like running over and grabbing it out of his hand!!! They need to be packed and sent out right, definitely. That is so irritating when they get orders wrong, the effort of sending things back etc. And yes, I am also freaked that its affecting the performance, a client came in today for removal and back on and I noticed one of her nails had little holes in the Gelish where the bubbles were, she never said anything or complained but it definitely alarmed me!! I'm not using that top coat anymore, think I will just bin it to be honest.

I agree! Little cardboard tube swinging round in a plastic bag, never crossed my mind until the gel also arrived full of bubbles today. Luckily it was swapped over in a day, but I'm only me a little nail tech I can't afford to have three of everything just because they can't pack it right or it fades etc etc, though i do have three top if off- two bubbled, two foundation etc etc. I'm getting more and more disheartened by this kind of thing. Sad face Indeed!!

I couldn't agree more. It gets very frustrating and expensive. Our supplier actually has a salon and a school and we technically could go up ourselves, choose things and take them with us there and then but we live an hour away from the place and its painful to get to!

The gel pot is full of air bubbles Hun, can this be corrected on application???

Yeah you can do everytime you use the gel except for clear you need to stir them. The molecules from the gel will go to the bottom of the pot. This also happens with gel with glitter in so every time you use them you need to give them a good stir; try not to scrap the bottom tho as this could put bits into your gel. The molecules from the gel need to be stirred as this cause the colour to go translucent and also cause bubbles x

Yeah you can do everytime you use the gel except for clear you need to stir them. The molecules from the gel will go to the bottom of the pot. This also happens with gel with glitter in so every time you use them you need to give them a good stir; try not to scrap the bottom tho as this could put bits into your gel. The molecules from the gel need to be stirred as this cause the colour to go translucent and also cause bubbles x

Thank you been giving them avoid stir that's great to know, thanks for your help

Latest posts

Back