Gelish with Shellac products help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l.a.m.x

Reaction score
Hi geeks :)

I am looking to add Gelish to my treatment list. I have the full Shellac kit so will be using my lamp etc. I am hoping you can answer the following questions for me though before I place my order-

1) do I definitely need ph bond or is this optional?
2) how long do I cure with the CND lamp?
3) do I remove the tacky layer with d-sperse?

Just to clarify I am not cutting corners here! I am going to trial it on myself for a month or so first.

Look forward to your replies :hug:

X

You don't need to use ph bond. Cure for 2 mins. I always wipe base coat with a dry square of kitchen roll, helps the colour stick. Yes you can use d sperse. X

Great thank you. Are all coats 2 minutes then?xx

I think so! Didn't have a CND lamp but just a uv one and it was 2 mins. Forgotten now because had myn18g for ages and it's 5 secs base, 30 secs colour and 20 secs top. X

Base coat is one minute, colours and top are two minutes.

As others have said, you don't need to use PH Bond, it is a dehydrator so other generic dehydrators will work. I find that since I am more often than not removing an old set (with D-Solve) and doing a dry prep, the nails are dehydrated enough. I tend to only use PH Bond on new clients.

I also use D-Sperse for the tacky layer and drywipe with kitchen roll cut into strips or lint free wipes. Dry wiping takes seconds.

Cloughers: I am interested that you do 20 seconds with your 18g LED for the topcoat. I thought (from my training) that it was 30 seconds????

As others have said, you don't need to use PH Bond, it is a dehydrator so other generic dehydrators will work. I find that since I am more often than not removing an old set (with D-Solve) and doing a dry prep, the nails are dehydrated enough. I tend to only use PH Bond on new clients.

I also use D-Sperse for the tacky layer and drywipe with kitchen roll cut into strips or lint free wipes. Dry wiping takes seconds.

Cloughers: I am interested that you do 20 seconds with your 18g LED for the topcoat. I thought (from my training) that it was 30 seconds????

On the TIO bottle it says 20 second LED cure time! I was trying to remember where i've seen it so went and grabbed a bottle. Lol.

Actually Juicy Lucy that was a white lie because I usually leave it on 30 secs after the colour but on the bottle it says 20 secs for topcoat so I was trying to be correct! I have done it on 20 a few times to try it but I don't think it's enough because it looked a bit dull. :lol:

Super excited to gelish my nails this afternoon..... :lol:

Just want to clarify its definitely 1 minute base and 2 mins for all others with CND lamp as a tad confused :rolleyes:

Thanks x

Super excited to gelish my nails this afternoon..... :lol:

Just want to clarify its definitely 1 minute base and 2 mins for all others with CND lamp as a tad confused :rolleyes:

Thanks x

Yup, that's correct :)

Here it is...my first attempt!

Need to get used to the consistency, my white is a little thick, smile lines could be a tad better (as you see I like them big!)

Pretty pleased overall, loveeee Ambience :) xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 153
Looks good. X

Thank you!

I have been admiring the shine on them today! Look so glossy! Did my mums too and she is chuffed ;) x

Latest posts

Back